BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big Daddy
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody PLEASE tell me what this is?

It's the area in the center console just behind the CD storage. It's formed like somethign should go in there and I found that I can pull the cover thing out. When the cover comes out, there is an array of contacts at the bottom. the top of the area has an emblem on it that looks like a speaker and a line through it. I have no idea what this is and the manual doesn't reference it, or at least that I can find :mad:

I would love to get lucky and have somebody tell me that it's a aux input of somekind so that I can throw an ipod in it... but something tells me that it aint happenin'

HELP!!!

·
Big Daddy
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mobile phone????? :rofl:

why the HE!! would we want that when EVERYTHING is BT? That sucks, was hoping for some magic.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
mobile phone????? :rofl:

why the HE!! would we want that when EVERYTHING is BT? That sucks, was hoping for some magic.
It charges your phone and uses the car antenna to boost reception. Seems expensive for what it is though. I would rather it be an Ipod dock, you know since that would've been useful.

·
Big Daddy
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1000% agree. I guess in 2006, the ipod wasn't big.... NOT! :confused:

I really hate the idea of paying soooo much money to get an ipod going. Killing me! :cry:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Any chance you can post a pic? Iirc the speaker with a line on it is the button to erase all bt pairings

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the Iphone 3G adapter

I was able to buy an Iphone 3GS Adapter for that spot. I get a little better reception and it charges my Iphone while in place. That's about it. I do find that I forget my phone in my car a lot more when I put it in the adapter. Much cheaper to buy a cig. lighter charger and leave it at that.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
you can put a BT adapter in there

For $250 I bought a BMW Bluetooth adapter that has the shape of the factory motorola phone but is a BT adapter. Now my iPhone 4 is connected to the audio system and works great. It's integrated with the phone, contacts, steering wheel controls, etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
For $250 I bought a BMW Bluetooth adapter that has the shape of the factory motorola phone but is a BT adapter. Now my iPhone 4 is connected to the audio system and works great. It's integrated with the phone, contacts, steering wheel controls, etc.
Can you give me some more info on this?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Search BTUM 9000 or cpt 8000. There are 2 versions, depending on the year. I installed it for my car and have full bluetooth. There is a DIY somewhere here and it works perfect

·
Major
2,312 Posts
Search BTUM 9000 or cpt 8000. There are 2 versions, depending on the year. I installed it for my car and have full bluetooth. There is a DIY somewhere here and it works perfect
Yeah we have a lot of info on BTUM. it's a great thing to have it works as ur original phone that came with ur BMW but with anyphone via Bluetooth. All the options work. Phone book gets transferred to the idrive. It's plug and play all u need to have is BTUM. The only thing I hate (I use iPhone 3GS) is that it still connects to the car when I'm on the 2nd floor of my house and the car is in a garage lol only for that time b4 car goes to sleep mode.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts