BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I get in and rock wit it!
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys i am mark from dallas TX and i got my first e30(86) 2 month ago and im loving it...till this happend

one day not long ago i was driving to see a friend a trip of about 2 hours then my shirt stick was making a wierd noise till the shifter poped out and good thing it was stuck on 4th gear...i got home and remove the transmission...was happen was that the black round rubber went out and it broke then pin or the whole shifter linkage so i got a new(used trany) which works perfectbut when i got done installin it i went to a ride and i notice the car woulnt go over 2K rpm so i decided to swap the new trany sensors for the old ones which i never had any problems with but it still does the same thing.ive replaced the air flow sensor the sensor that ges under the throotle body spark plugs a coupld of relays a coil both fuel pumps,ive checked for vaccum leaks=non the car runs horrible i cant even drive it with out backfiring sometimes it just dies and i have to restart it,notice the car was working in 100% perfect conditions before the tranny issue...now it just kills me to see her there and not be able to drive it,guys if you have any thoughts please let me know its driving me insane and i just got done painting it too,the car looks beautiful inside out to me lol and i would love for her to run beautiful too but as the wise man says e30....only works when it wants to

·
Straight Bimmin
1,060 Posts
Hi guys i am mark from dallas TX and i got my first e30(86) 2 month ago and im loving it...till this happend

one day not long ago i was driving to see a friend a trip of about 2 hours then my shirt stick was making a wierd noise till the shifter poped out and good thing it was stuck on 4th gear...i got home and remove the transmission...was happen was that the black round rubber went out and it broke then pin or the whole shifter linkage so i got a new(used trany) which works perfectbut when i got done installin it i went to a ride and i notice the car woulnt go over 2K rpm so i decided to swap the new trany sensors for the old ones which i never had any problems with but it still does the same thing.ive replaced the air flow sensor the sensor that ges under the throotle body spark plugs a coupld of relays a coil both fuel pumps,ive checked for vaccum leaks=non the car runs horrible i cant even drive it with out backfiring sometimes it just dies and i have to restart it,notice the car was working in 100% perfect conditions before the tranny issue...now it just kills me to see her there and not be able to drive it,guys if you have any thoughts please let me know its driving me insane and i just got done painting it too,the car looks beautiful inside out to me lol and i would love for her to run beautiful too but as the wise man says e30....only works when it wants to
Your grammar was so bad i couldn't even understand most of what you wrote. Proof read it and post again. Sorry if i come off as a d!ck but i really couldn't understand much :eeps:

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read what you can hehe..im argeninian i dont know much english plus i suck at grammar anyways,give me a break im only 18!

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
did the engine run strong before the tranny swap... if you you could have broken somthing.. otherwise it could be the crackshaft positioning sensor.. bad ecu.... bad ecu chip... the list goes on and on.. describe what the car is doing when you try to start it

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
that's a good idea. also go back over your swap in your head. did anything go wrong during the swap? if it worked well before it should have worked well after.

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went through the whole swap.every thing i touched i remember but nothin...so i dont know what to do guys.im in school now ill post the vid up with the link in a few hours

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
it has sat for a week but the tank was 1/4 full and i went to the gas station after i did and filled it up...thing is as soon as i turn the engine on it started doing that...i just now saw the two cables that go from the inside...maybe shift stick? to the transmission it has two plugs...could that be causin it? here is the video maybe it helps explain
if the vid doesnt display its youtube(dot)com/watch?v=Du5UsLPJu88 for some reason it shows a blank image

youtube.com/watch?v=Du5UsLPJu88

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have another question...the transmission has two sensors rigt? if im correct then one is for the spark? because i had one disconnected and the car wouldnt spark...then i pluged it in and it did...the other one activated the pump on the drivers side....those this have anything to do with cuttin the reolutions of the engine? or make it rich? are they both the same or do they have to be in thecorrect hole? because maybe theyre i got them mixed up? but the car still starts

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the throttle position sensor is the one under the throotle body? i have 2 of those sittin here that i will try,but my question is that arent those magnetic things that go in the tranny the same? they look identical to me and they have the same plug(3 legs) so if i would switch them then the car wouldnt start...would that be possible?

·
Registered
16 Posts
dose your trans have 2 sensors? look at flywheel thorough axcess in bottom of trans take a 22 mm wrench and turn front of crank shaft while looking in axcess look for a nub on flywheel should stick out from flywheel about 1/2 inch.chances are when you were putting trans in this was broken off and the sensor isnt picking it up properly. good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts