BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF does that "hot/cold" dial thing do? I'm talking about the one under the vent in the center of the dash, just above the radio.

I've played with it multiple times since taking delivery and I can't figrue it out. Just to be VERY sure that I was getting cold air, I turned it all the way to cold during the summer, and these days I leave it in neutral. But what am I doing?!

And to those who want me to RTFM, STFU. It's at home. :p

G

·
Jetfire said:
WTF does that "hot/cold" dial thing do? I'm talking about the one under the vent in the center of the dash, just above the radio.

I've played with it multiple times since taking delivery and I can't figrue it out. Just to be VERY sure that I was getting cold air, I turned it all the way to cold during the summer, and these days I leave it in neutral. But what am I doing?!

And to those who want me to RTFM, STFU. It's at home. :p
All BMWs I've seen have it (even the E46s). If allows you to have different temp air going to your face versus your feet. You can have the heat on blasting your feet and turn the dial to cool so that the air on your face is cooler. Or, if you're really cold, crank everything to hot.

It's a control thing. The Germans like control.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Re: Re: It's E36 question time...

TD said:

All BMWs I've seen have it (even the E46s).
I've seen BMWs without it.

The E28s don't :p

Basically controls the hot/cold air mixture...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts