BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rofl: Well, we initially planned a MY07 ED in November, but now have an opportunity for late August ED, so we're frantically getting things together.:D Looks good so far, but now we need hotels, etc. We're hoping to get a condo just outside of Munich through timeshare points and will do mostly day trips from there. We'll take a few overnight+ stays on longer journeys, but only to Austria and Switzerland. This will help rack up those miles. Oh, darn, we've got to drive more?:p

Most say you need 3 months for ED setup - how about 5 weeks?!?! Major points to Dennis at Garlyn Shelton and his dealer rep. - the men making this happen. :thumbup:

CAN'T WAIT!!!:p Here's what we're going for:
MY06 M5, Saphire black with black/alum inside.
SMG, Full leather, ventilated active seats, HUD, rear seat heaters, folding rear seat...NO rear sun shades, NO comfort access (security issue?).

One bad thing about being so soon is we don't have time for the anticipation to build up, but one good thing is we don't have to wait as long while our anticipations is now quickly building up! Anyone think we're a bit excited? Packing check list: underwear - check, nav disk ordered - check, camera - check, deoderant - don't need any in Europe;) , we're set!

·
Freude am Fahren
19,692 Posts
Tim Krasin said:
:rofl: Well, we initially planned a MY07 ED in November, but now have an opportunity for late August ED, so we're frantically getting things together.:D Looks good so far, but now we need hotels, etc. We're hoping to get a condo just outside of Munich through timeshare points and will do mostly day trips from there. We'll take a few overnight+ stays on longer journeys, but only to Austria and Switzerland. This will help rack up those miles. Oh, darn, we've got to drive more?:p

Most say you need 3 months for ED setup - how about 5 weeks?!?! Major points to Dennis at Garlyn Shelton and his dealer rep. - the men making this happen. :thumbup:

CAN'T WAIT!!!:p Here's what we're going for:
MY06 M5, Saphire black with black/alum inside.
SMG, Full leather, ventilated active seats, HUD, rear seat heaters, folding rear seat...NO rear sun shades, NO comfort access (security issue?).

One bad thing about being so soon is we don't have time for the anticipation to build up, but one good thing is we don't have to wait as long while our anticipations is now quickly building up! Anyone think we're a bit excited? Packing check list: underwear - check, nav disk ordered - check, camera - check, deoderant - don't need any in Europe;) , we're set!
5 weeks isn't bad - I planned my next factory delivery in 2.5 weeks.

Regarding comfort access, there is no security issue greater or lesser than the wireless remote you will use anyway. It's a great feature - I would not leave it out, esp. since it's silly to have a START button without it.

Regarding the nav disk, are you renting it from the forum moderator here?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,692 Posts
FORGOT TO SAY -

CONGRATULATIONS!:thumbup:

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,105 Posts
Jspira said:
FORGOT TO SAY -

CONGRATULATIONS!:thumbup:

+1

An Emmy- sweeeeeeet!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I was sort of thinking about the CA, but my wife (it's her car) said - nope, don't want it, and the vehicle is in status 150 now - too late I think. Not a worry. As I understood though the encryption algorythm for CA was not as secure as the standard key for remote. Who knows - no regrets.
Still looking forward to the first press of the "start button"!
Just got the VIN number this afternoon and am working through the trip accomodation details so I don't have to ask the ED center employees if we can crash at their place! WooHoo - Munchen, here we come!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ya - yes, working on the nav disk from this site.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Tim Krasin said:
Oh ya - yes, working on the nav disk from this site.
Congrats on the wife's M5, and an outstanding upcoming ED experience! :bigpimp: :thumbup: :bow:

Undoubtedly, Beewang will get you set up with the NAV disk - he is the man!

I look forward to seeing pics and updates once you are on the road and over here!

·
Travel Fever
2,745 Posts
Jspira said:
5 weeks isn't bad - I planned my next factory delivery in 2.5 weeks.

Regarding comfort access, there is no security issue greater or lesser than the wireless remote you will use anyway. It's a great feature - I would not leave it out, esp. since it's silly to have a START button without it.

Regarding the nav disk, are you renting it from the forum moderator here?
J, you are different. You are the expert here. ED to you is as simple as take off your shoes. :)

·
Freude am Fahren
19,692 Posts
mason said:
J, you are different. You are the expert here. ED to you is as simple as take off your shoes. :)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Does that mean I should drive barefoot?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love this line...

Tim Krasin said:
deoderant - don't need any in Europe;) , we're set!
Seriously... I think the USA should send shipments of deoderant instead of foreign aid sometimes, especially when using the European public transportation!

Anyway, you are in for a treat by taking delivery of an M5! Make sure you tackle as many mountain passes as you can for me, my favorite was the Gotthard Pass in Switzerland. Enjoy yourself, and good luck staying under the 105 mph limit for the break-in period; it is especially painful in Europe! :beerchug:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We're expecting to hit the 1200 mile service by early in the 2nd week, according to our aggressive itinerary, and will have the service done in Munich...then it's off to the Autobahns! Definitely looking forward to the moutains. The initial trip was planned for mid November and I was not expecting much in the way of alpine touring, but now with Aug/Sept, high passes are required!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts