Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my '99 M3 today. Man, the guys at the dealership did an AWESOME job reconditioning the car! It's virtually indistinguishable from a new car. Unfortunately, it rained pretty hard on the way home so I couldn't really stretch her legs. Here are two large photos:

Front 3/4 View

Engine Bay

:D :D :D I'm giggly happy. Still, I do miss my old car ('00 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP) a bit.

T

·
0 Posts
Ah, AutoAdvantage...

BTW, your car appears to be missing two doors :dunno:

Miles? Options? Interior color?

Looks great. I look forward to seeing it out at an autox.

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TD said:
Ah, AutoAdvantage...

BTW, your car appears to be missing two doors :dunno:

Miles? Options? Interior color?

Looks great. I look forward to seeing it out at an autox.
ROFL. On the contrary, TD - it appears that your car has Two Doors too many! Bad play on words, I know.

Anyway, here's the skinny:
'99 M3
Cosmos Black
Black interior
~17800 miles :yikes:
Bunch of factory options
No #@$#@! CD player.

Once I figure out how to drive this so-called "manual transmission," I'll be out to the autocrosses.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Congratulations. I am sure you are going to enjoy it. Are you coming out to the August 11 go-kart grand prix in Sterling?

You may know this already, but the CD43 single CD in-dash player from the Z3 is a direct swap in for the tape deck unit, and apparently provides a noticeable increase in quality. I'd do it, but mine has the changer already. The changer isn't bad, but I find myself listening to the same six CDs for months at a time.

Jetfire said:

ROFL. On the contrary, TD - it appears that your car has Two Doors too many! Bad play on words, I know.

Anyway, here's the skinny:
'99 M3
Cosmos Black
Black interior
~17800 miles :yikes:
Bunch of factory options
No #@$#@! CD player.

Once I figure out how to drive this so-called "manual transmission," I'll be out to the autocrosses.

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JST said:
Congratulations. I am sure you are going to enjoy it. Are you coming out to the August 11 go-kart grand prix in Sterling?

You may know this already, but the CD43 single CD in-dash player from the Z3 is a direct swap in for the tape deck unit, and apparently provides a noticeable increase in quality. I'd do it, but mine has the changer already. The changer isn't bad, but I find myself listening to the same six CDs for months at a time.

Ah, the go-carting! It's basically down the street from my house, but I've never been. I gotta look into that. Thanks for the Z3 tip. I just bought the changer from somebody who took it out of a '98 M3, but I imagine the CD43 head unit would work with it as well. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts