BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car arrived yesterday and I will pick it up after lunch. We have a good deal on the table but I have to wonder if there is a bit more I can squeeze from the dealer when we sign the papers. I am leasing with a .00152 money factor and a 60% residual. I received $4500 total in rebates. Am I missing anything? If I did the attachment right, you can look at the deal. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
My car arrived yesterday and I will pick it up after lunch. We have a good deal on the table but I have to wonder if there is a bit more I can squeeze from the dealer when we sign the papers. I am leasing with a .00152 money factor and a 60% residual. I received $4500 total in rebates. Am I missing anything? If I did the attachment right, you can look at the deal. Thanks!
Lower sales price probably. They giving you a little over 6% off MSRP
I leased a 2018 340 xDrive last month. The car had MSRP of $58,785 and the selling price was $52,750 - almost 11% off.

BTW, $3000 lease credit and $1,500 loyalty were available last month.
At this time of the year I would also expect some additional incentives, holiday cash, etc.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Lower sales price probably. They giving you a little over 6% off MSRP
I leased a 2018 340 xDrive last month. The car had MSRP of $58,785 and the selling price was $52,750 - almost 11% off.

BTW, $3000 lease credit and $1,500 loyalty were available last month.
At this time of the year I would also expect some additional incentives, holiday cash, etc.
Op,

First of all incentives are tied to EITHER the month you locked, OR the month you sign... not both. You can not get both your lease cash and loyalty from last month AND incentives in play this month.

In your deal you have 4500 in incentives, lease cash and loyalty. This month the 3000 lease cash has been REPLACED by a 3000 holiday credit, so its the same amount of money. I believe the loyalty is the same right now as well, and the MF is still .00152.

I cant tell from your screenshot if you have 10k or 12k miles a year. RV right now this month is 61% for 10k miles a year, so that makes it 60% for 12k, and I suspect you have 12k miles a year (RV is not negotiable so they will get that right as long as you confirm how many miles you want / need on your lease).

As for the sales price itself....

Dont be that guy and attempt to re negotiate your actual sales price. You didnt say this, but someone is recommending you do that. Dont. You are perfectly within your right (and you SHOULD) be looking into whether incentives in play now or other deal PARAMETERS are better now vs then (by deal parameters I mean, money factors, residuals, and incentives), but you already negotated the price of the car.

If the dealer sat down when you went to sign and said "I know we already agreed upon the price of the car, but lets talk about that again now that its here" you would blow a @[email protected]$%Q gastket, and rightfully so. Dealers DO sometimes try to do this, or at least some used to, and they get blasted about it (rightfully so, in my opinion). That goes both ways. Its not OK if we attempt to re negotiate the price of the car either at that point, if you already "have a deal".

NOW LET ME BE CLEAR WHAT I AM SAYING BEFORE I GET BLASTED BY EVERYONE HERE... Before someone hits REPLY, please see what I am saying...

"re negotiating" the price of the CAR ITSELF is what I am talking about. I am NOT (Repeat NOT NOT) talking about looking into what incentives are in play vs when you ordered, or looking to see if the total package of this months incentives is better than the month you locked. That is normal, and expected. If the price of the car goes down at the end because there are more incentives thats also not what I am talking about.

I am talking about agreeing to a price of (lets say ) 6% off before incentives on an ordered car, and then getting there, and deciding you need 7% off before incentives, or 8% off before incentives.. because of "something".

To ME, its actually more honorable to walk away from a deal with a dealer (letting them know of course) than it is to show up and demand more off the car itself (again, not talking about incentives as OP is doing... I know I am repeating myself but I am trying to be extra crystal clear what I am saying).

·
Registered
301 Posts
I understand your point. I had a somewhat similar situation when buying my last car. I just forgot about MSDs. When we came to pick the car up I asked the sales person if I still can do MSDs since I am not making any changes to the agreed upon price but getting a lower monthly payment and she was absolutely fine with it.

Renegotiating the price after you shook hands and signed papers is not something one can be proud about but still until the car is driven off the dealer's property the deal can be canceled (legally at least).
I would give myself a break. I may feel that I was not prepared for the negotiation that I was fulled by the salesperson into paying more for the car than it deserves, etc.

Believe me the dealer would not hesitate a second to break the deal if they find a buyer that agrees to pay more for the car. They will for sure try to sell you a ton of unnecessary junk at signing.

Saying something like "I am not happy with this deal any more. let's change it or I'll get some other car" is OK, at least by my (obviously lower than yours) moral standards.
Again, when you buying a car you are not dealing with saints you a dealing with people who lie for leaving. Should give yourself a break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts