BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Rob V said:
Can I ask how long it took from the time you placed the order until the day you received it? I ordered my X3 instead of picking one on the lot because I still have about 3 months left on my current lease and by ordering it i would only overlap about 1 and half months. But if it arrives too early then that it more time that I have to spend with double car payments. That would suck! The sales rep gave me a time frame for which I had to place the order so that I would still qualify for the current Lease Promo and not get the car too late. I'm hoping his timing wasn't too soon.
Well I got mine from incoming production, i.e. the car was already specified and nothing on it could be changed. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if mine was already being shipped when I signed on the dotted line.

Believe it or not it was exactly 3 weeks from signing the order form to collecting the car (Mar 31st to Apr 21st).

As for ordering from scratch I was told 2-3 months for a custom order, so I agreed to take an incoming car instead...couldn't be bothered to wait. Also I wanted to take advantage of BMW Canada's lease deal which I thought was ending Mar 31.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
JG said:
I got mine at Towne and Country in Markham off of 407. In addition to an excellent price.......

They threw in rubber matts - his and her BMW baseball hats, and a BMW keychain with a clock and compass built in.
JG - I thought of getting a hat, but the salesman offered me a shirt which I thought was even nicer...didn't even know they did a compass keychain. Must go and look that up in the Lifestyle catalogue!

BMWenthusiast - Thanks! Brake dust is building up like crazy! The wax job on the paint is great though, the recent rain just beaded up and fell off the car. Wonder how long that'll last...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rob V said:
Can I ask how long it took from the time you placed the order until the day you received it? I ordered my X3 instead of picking one on the lot because I still have about 3 months left on my current lease and by ordering it i would only overlap about 1 and half months. But if it arrives too early then that it more time that I have to spend with double car payments. That would suck! The sales rep gave me a time frame for which I had to place the order so that I would still qualify for the current Lease Promo and not get the car too late. I'm hoping his timing wasn't too soon.
sales person says at least two to two and a half months I've ordered mine on 9th March and they says mid-May deliver, worst case is end of May which will make it almost three months. Last checked with dealer and says it's on schedule. So, I don't think it will show up too early if you order it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tayrum said:
What dealership in Toronto did you purchase your X3 from? I bought mine at the Downtown BMW off the DVP and they would not "throw in" the rubber mats which ticked me off. It would be interesting to know....haven't done my dealership survey yet...
Thanks!
Really? I ordered mine from there too and still waiting for Mid-May delivery. I'll keep you posted on what I can get when I pick up the car. Did you get anything at all?

·
TTSam
745 Posts
Aaron325iT said:
JG - I thought of getting a hat, but the salesman offered me a shirt which I thought was even nicer...didn't even know they did a compass keychain. Must go and look that up in the Lifestyle catalogue!

BMWenthusiast - Thanks! Brake dust is building up like crazy! The wax job on the paint is great though, the recent rain just beaded up and fell off the car. Wonder how long that'll last...
I Cannot find the keychain in the catalogue. It is no ordinary keychain ;)

It is an X3 keychain...........

Attachments

·
TTSam
745 Posts
Aaron325iT said:
Well I got mine from incoming production, i.e. the car was already specified and nothing on it could be changed. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if mine was already being shipped when I signed on the dotted line.

Believe it or not it was exactly 3 weeks from signing the order form to collecting the car (Mar 31st to Apr 21st).

As for ordering from scratch I was told 2-3 months for a custom order, so I agreed to take an incoming car instead...couldn't be bothered to wait. Also I wanted to take advantage of BMW Canada's lease deal which I thought was ending Mar 31.
I did the same thing with the exact same vehicle as Aaron325iT (shouldn't that be changed to AaronX3?).

I tracked the VIN and the Car was a few days from port in Halifax. It took 2 weeks to get to the dealer in the Toronto area from Halifax.

·
Registered
22 Posts
JG said:
I did the same thing with the exact same vehicle as Aaron325iT (shouldn't that be changed to AaronX3?).

I tracked the VIN and the Car was a few days from port in Halifax. It took 2 weeks to get to the dealer in the Toronto area from Halifax.
Hi JG,

I saw it on another post you said VIN number could be tracked throught wallenius & whilhelmsen web site for shipping status. I've tried put in the vin as instructed and no info were found. Do you know if all the x3s coming to canada east coast all use that company?

·
TTSam
745 Posts
x39339 said:
Hi JG,

I saw it on another post you said VIN number could be tracked throught wallenius & whilhelmsen web site for shipping status. I've tried put in the vin as instructed and no info were found. Do you know if all the x3s coming to canada east coast all use that company?
It seems through other posts that different shipping companies are used.

I would have assumed that all shipments to Halifax were through W+W but maybe there are other shippers used? I am pretty sure they all arrive in Halifax!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts