BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very welcome call from Adrian Avila, minutes after my most important (and successful) business presentation of the year. Been working crazy nights, weekends so this was a very welcome reward.

6 days after the boat arrived in Brunswick. Impressive! I'm diverting from St. Louis and flying into the ATL tonight. Will pick up in AM.

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it and I love it. Picked it up in ATL this morning and drove to BHM. I picked it up so early it wasn't even washed after coming in on the truck Wednesday evening, but what the heck; I'll take care of that tomorrow.

Adrian and I weren't able to activate CarPlay yet but I'll get on the phone with a Genius tomorrow and am confident I can work that out. He's also looking for some answers on his end tomorrow.

First impressions in the USA. Agree with all my option choices. The new nav is superb. The Harmon-Kardon is loads better than the HK system in my 2012 MINI Cooper --- really excellent. And I continue to love, love the comfort of the 230i sport seats.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, that quick trip through VPC must have skipped some important steps.

The SOS button to BMW Assist is non operational, ConnectedDrive isn't working (sending a destination to the vehicle was unsuccessful), BMW Apps are not available or operational. CarPlay can't be activated (spoke with Geniuses on phone and at dealership, plus they took it back in the service dept).

They wanted me to set another appointment and come back so they could do some more guessing, but living 175 miles away, that didn't work for me. I want the dealership to take responsibility for delivering me the car I ordered. I politely but firmly insisted on a loaner car while they work through these issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts