BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
e39 m5 touring aspirant
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since i started modding e39s, i've always wanted to push the envelope...typically e39 modder sticks with the classic lines of mtech this and mtech that...but because of the influx of mtech style goodies, i definitely wanted to push even further. no ones ever really heard of a touring to become a dedicated track car...i know its not the best platform to use...but again, i wanted to be different...so now i'm taking slow step to have arnold become a dedicated track rat!!! =)

enjoy!

whats that i see? let's take a closer look....=P

whaaaa? in a grocery getter????? =P

lol...=P!!!!! UFOs (unindentifed fibrous objects!!!) :D...

just getting ready for mfest iii and specifically for the track :D...

·
Registered
233 Posts
that looks different for sure

i think looks nice and tasteful but maybe same color seat covers would be nice..

and BTW... where did you get the carbon fiber looking wood trim all around the car!? that looks killer and i have been trying to find that actually

·
e39 m5 touring aspirant
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that looks different for sure

i think looks nice and tasteful but maybe same color seat covers would be nice..

and BTW... where did you get the carbon fiber looking wood trim all around the car!? that looks killer and i have been trying to find that actually
lol...told ya it'll be different =P...

as for seat covers...i was thinking of reupholstering the seat inserts to beige, but my intention is to convert the whole interior into black and eventually be stripped down completely...

as for the cf trim...it's my oem trim wrapped in cf fabric that was popularized by euro dyne...but because we're not a sponsor here...i'll recommend to go to jlevi (a bfest sponsor) who also carries the fabric and the wrapping services! =)

·
BimmerJunkie
3,819 Posts
Touring or not...it looks like a sweet ride. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You'll have to let us know the times you post once you take it to the track.

·
e39 m5 touring aspirant
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Your car is missing one pedal. :p
lol...have you ever heard of a 540it touring us spec in manual? =)

watch out for the conversion!!! =)!!!

edit: and you're missing forced induction :p

Touring or not...it looks like a sweet ride. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You'll have to let us know the times you post once you take it to the track.
for sure sir =)...touring's first time attack trial will be on april 11 =)...

·
Banned
0 Posts
Track rats dont have ceiling mounted lcd panels or interiors at all for that matter :p The whole weight thing. I am intrigued by those VAC seat mounts. Seems like a lot of cost and effort for a simple production piece.

·
e39 m5 touring aspirant
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol. Touche
nothin but love for you bruddah =)...all fun and games :D!

Track rats dont have ceiling mounted lcd panels or interiors at all for that matter :p The whole weight thing. I am intrigued by those VAC seat mounts. Seems like a lot of cost and effort for a simple production piece.
very true :D! hehehehe...but you didn't see the recaro baby seat in the back? =P by the time the kid is grown up...it'll be in sequence with the touring being completely stripped =P...

anyway VAC definitely did it right with these floor mounts...in fact, they weigh heavier than the actual NRG bucket seats. but to get the full potential of its rigidity, i'm waiting on my recaro steel side mounts to get the final touch! =)

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
with an auto trans??

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
I love it!!!!!!!
Now all you gotta do is ditch the granny tranny for a good ol' fashioned 6 speed!

·
Registered
920 Posts
LooKs nice man - for those who're gonna hate on it with the whole form following function mantra, this is a show car - it doesn't have to maKe sense :)

umm what are you doing with your old seats? The ones in my new 528i are Kinda crap

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
not feeling it Jo but its all you .. maybe if the interior was black it might go better ..

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
Lose the LED rice, and it's not a bad job. Those seats are a lot more fun than the standard seats I'll bet***8230;but suck for road trips :p

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
Lose the LED rice, and it's not a bad job. Those seats are a lot more fun than the standard seats I'll bet….but suck for road trips :p
My cousin had a set of seats just like that in his e46, and I actually thought they were suprisingly comfortable on my 2.5 hour trip with him. Definately not as comfy as the stocks, but not much worse either...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts