Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news: I'm getting married... :D

Bad news: My future wife "ordered" me to get rid of my M3! :bawling: There's no room in my (our) budget for marriage and an expensive GT car... Especially because we're planning on starting our family as soon as we tie the knot... (Sigh) I'm staring to have second thoughts already... :rolleyes:

Anyway, guys, the ///M3 must go... I'm asking 50K firm. Please, let me know if you guys know somebody who's interested... ~2,200 miles (see, that's one of the arguments she used to convince me - less than 2,200 miles in 6 months: 366.66 miles/month :yikes: )
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
First Congrats !

Secondly, convince her to register here on the board for a few days. She needs a small 'brainwash' :D:D:D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys!

Alex B: Trust me. I've tried everything. I just can't convince her... :( She's right though. Our budget would be tight...

Plaz: Well, we're planning on having a baby right after we get married (May/June 2003). So, it makes more sense to keep the sedan... As you know, I won't be caught dead driving a minivan...

Plus, the M3 is the one that represents a big impact on my income...

Edit:

I told her the used car market sucks right now and that I refuse to take a financial bath unloading the M3... ;) Maybe I'll trade the 325i for a 330i after I sell the M3... :dunno:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,052 Posts
I'm surprised she's not making the bike go! :D

Congrats Alex! :D :D :D

Tell you what... you send the M3 over here, and I'll take care of it. :thumb: When you're in NYC on business, you can visit your car. :thumb: She won't have to see the M3, and you won't have to give it up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alee said:
I'm surprised she's not making the bike go! :D

Congrats Alex! :D :D :D

Tell you what... you send the M3 over here, and I'll take care of it. :thumb: When you're in NYC on business, you can visit your car. :thumb: She won't have to see the M3, and you won't have to give it up!
Al, don't giver her any ideas! :mad: :D She allowed me to keep the bike... :confused:

Sure, as long as you make the payments, I think that's a great idea! Actually, Al, it's time to start shifting manually again. What do you say? CB's your favorite color... :bigpimp:
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Actually, Al, it's time to start shifting manually again. What do you say? CB's your favorite color... :bigpimp:
Oh Oh ! Al's dream will come true. Manual tranny and that on an M3 :bigpimp:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,052 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Sure, as long as you make the payments, I think that's a great idea! Actually, Al, it's time to start shifting manually again. What do you say? CB's your favorite color... :bigpimp:
I'd encounter a little bloodbath of my own if I suddenly acquired a new car while planning to move to NYC. :tsk: If it had nav, I'd probably be thinking real hard about though! Girlfriend or M3... hmmm....

But it's not exactly like I'm Jerry Seinfeld and am having a garage built in the city for my cars. :D
 

·
Senior Slacker
Joined
·
5,646 Posts
ALEX325i said:


Al, don't giver her any ideas! :mad: :D She allowed me to keep the bike... :confused:

Sure, as long as you make the payments, I think that's a great idea! Actually, Al, it's time to start shifting manually again. What do you say? CB's your favorite color... :bigpimp:
Whoooo hooool go for it Al:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Imagine the thrill of seeing what retrofits you could do to it.:D
Hell you already have an M3 wheel, now you can have the whole car.

Oh Alex, congradulations:thumb:
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
alee said:
If it had nav, I'd probably be thinking real hard about though!
Al, are you kidding us ? Just a few minutes for ya :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Good news: I'm getting married... :D

Bad news: My future wife "ordered" me to get rid of my M3! :bawling: There's no room in my (our) budget for marriage and an expensive GT car... Especially because we're planning on starting our family as soon as we tie the knot... (Sigh) I'm staring to have second thoughts already... :rolleyes:
I've got this great argument strategy that I use when my wife asks me to do things that I really don't want to do. It goes like this:

No.

I suggest you deploy this strategy early on before things get too out of hand. Welcome to married life! I believe that M3 has car seat anchors....

--gary
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,052 Posts
You know Alex, if you debadge the M3 and put your 325i badges on the car, will she be able to tell the difference? :D
 

·
•••••••
Joined
·
16,118 Posts
Re: Re: I've good and bad news...

Nat Brown said:


I've got this great argument strategy that I use when my wife asks me to do things that I really don't want to do. It goes like this:

No.

I suggest you deploy this strategy early on before things get too out of hand. Welcome to married life!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Against my better judgment, I'm going to dive in here...

On the face of things, this doesn't sound good. I mean, this doesn't sound like you're getting much input here. It's almost like you're at that level of smitten that you're just "yes, dear"-ing every decision that comes along.

Having a child THAT quickly in a marriage is not smart (trust me). And rolling over on issues like giving up your beloved car isn't a good sign either.

The whole marriage thing is supposed to be an equal partnership. I never try to dominate in my marriage, but I demand equal input.

I hope you portrayed things differently for some reason (humor?). But if this relationship is truly as one-sided as your initial post suggests, you're in for it.

Good luck.
 

·
O.G.
Joined
·
8,376 Posts
Re: Re: I've good and bad news...

Nat Brown said:


I've got this great argument strategy that I use when my wife asks me to do things that I really don't want to do. It goes like this:

No.

I suggest you deploy this strategy early on before things get too out of hand. Welcome to married life! I believe that M3 has car seat anchors....

--gary
I concur 100%. I have been married almost 5 years, and realized early on (before we were married) that I needed to set ground-rules up front. If you cave on this, you are setting a dangerous precedent. (aren’t you a lawyer?). She “let” you keep the bike? Sounds like she wears the pants… :yikes:

I can’t imagine going from an M3 to a 325, but I guess you don’t mind as much since you kept the 325…. :dunno:
 

·
Brilliant!
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
ALEX325i said:


Al, don't giver her any ideas! :mad: :D She allowed me to keep the bike... :confused:

Sure, as long as you make the payments, I think that's a great idea! Actually, Al, it's time to start shifting manually again. What do you say? CB's your favorite color... :bigpimp:
I'll take over the payments and you can come visit it anytime you want...hell, I'll even bring it down to Tampa every once in a while for you to have a "conjugal visit" with YOUR M3 :D
 

·
.
Joined
·
3,762 Posts
Congrats! Bummer about the M3. but....remember that it takes 9 months after conception for junior to pop out of the oven, so you might as well enjoy it up until the last possible moment.

If you let her drive it once or twice, she may let you keep it?
 

·
Brilliant!
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
Mike 325xi said:

I'll take over the payments and you can come visit it anytime you want...hell, I'll even bring it down to Tampa every once in a while for you to have a "conjugal visit" with YOUR M3 :D
Oh and of course Congratulations Alex!!!! :thumb:
 
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Top