BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New BMS jack pads for BMW are in stock now.
Only $19 bucks each.

These adapters fit on most floor jacks. A must for any BMW enthusiast.

http://burgertuning.com/BMW_jack_pad_adapter.html

Aluminum Jack Pad BMW Applications:
BMW 3-series, E46, E90, E91, E92, E93, M3
BMW 1-series E81, E82, E87, E88
BMW 5-series E60, M5
BMW 6-series E63, E64, M6
BMW Z4, M-Roadster/Coupe E85
BMW Z3, M-Roadster/Coupe
E38, E39, E46, E52, E53, E60, E61, E63 E64, E65, E66, E70, E71, E82, E83, E88, E90, E91, E92, E93, F01, F02, Z4

·
Recent BMW *****
215 Posts
Thanks for posting, I will be ordering one of those.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually placed the adapter in my shopping cart and was ready to purchase until I entered my zip and noticed the advertised price was just a come-on. The merchant was charging a highly inflated shipping charge for the item.

There is a member of the BMWCCA that advertises the same type of item in the Roundel for $35 shipped. I would rather pay two dollars more and forego the merchants' game playing. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Honestly, what the heck is this for...looks? I understand the little rubber pad in the jack, so as not to scratch the bottom of your car and I have seen a plastic cover that goes over jack stands, but am I missing something? :dunno:

·
Chicks dig Wagons!
4,846 Posts
I think "highly inflated" might be a bit of stretch - although I would agree their shipping costs are a bit high. I live in LA, right around the corner, and the shipping cost is closet to the price of the item.

If I get around to it, I might e-mail them and see if they have a local vendor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much does it cost to ship a half pound or lighter package? Small box USPS priority flat rate is $5.20 to anywhere in the country and this item could probably be shipped for less. Yes, I'd say $14 is highly inflated shipping. Why not advertise the true price of the item and the actual shipping.

·
Registered
158 Posts
$14 for shipping is high....that's my opinion.

·
Recent BMW *****
215 Posts
My jack just barely fits under the jacking pad now. Looks useless to me.
I bought a low profile jack because my old jack would never fit under the car. I think I have room for that pad. I guess I better check before I order one.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I got mine from Reverse Logic. It was quite a bot more expensive than the BMS part.

·
Outside looking in
6,325 Posts
...i just use a 2 dollar hockey puck that I bought online. Does the same job as well as the adapter.
+1. I got mine a Dick's, plus a spare one. ~$4

·
Drive it like u stole it!
804 Posts
Yea it is pretty ridiculous to pay that much for shipping. The shipping costs almost as much as the part. I just shipped a 20 lb package containing base roof system for an X5, to an APO in Germany, and that only cost me $6.00, through the USPS.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I actually placed the adapter in my shopping cart and was ready to purchase until I entered my zip and noticed the advertised price was just a come-on. The merchant was charging a highly inflated shipping charge for the item.

There is a member of the BMWCCA that advertises the same type of item in the Roundel for $35 shipped. I would rather pay two dollars more and forego the merchants' game playing. Just my opinion.
The inflated shipping charge is not for the shipping, it's for the Burger logo on the jack stand.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hey guys, it's a new product and we made a mistake on the weight in the website. Shipping should be $7 for all zipcodes. I'll make sure our site is updated ASAP and any orders pending will have the over charged shipping fixed and refunded. :)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
...i just use a 2 dollar hockey puck that I bought online. Does the same job as well as the adapter.
I've always used Hockey pucks as well prior to 2006. But they don't fit in the BMW chassis jacking adapter and thus will cause it to deform just like a normal jacking plate will.

·
Registered
158 Posts
$7 for shipping is reasonable....that's my opinion.

Great to hear that Burger Tuning is listening to their customers. That JBD module is sure looking alot more enticing.....:)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thanks. This just happened to be a typo as we entered a shipping weight of 1.5# in the system instead of .3#. :) But we always do what we can to keep our prices reasonable and our customers happy. @ $19 I believe this is the least expensive BMW jacking pad out and definitely a very high quality piece.

JBD is a lot of fun. Definitely give it a shot one day.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's more like it Terry. Glad I brought it to your attention and glad it was a mistake. As soon as the the shipping is corrected I am going to order one.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Site is updated. You will need to empty the cart and add it back again for it to pickup the right shipping amount. Refunds also issued to those who got hit with the double shipping! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts