BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 07 E60 " 525xi". Jacked it up because of a nasty noise over bumps, steering wheel shakes when accelerating around corners, breaking hard. So I started investigating until I couldn't find the lug nut key for the lugs, so I can't see until I get the key tomorrow. Any ideas? I do know the previous owner who doesn't know squat about cars, said it needs motor mounts. Which is indicative of the vibrations in park, and at a stop, hell even maybe the wobble while driving. But the movement when I turn the drivers wheel right as it's in the air boggles my mind. Give me a clue fellas????

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Lots of possibilities, but hard to say based on what you passed along. Tie rods / ends, suspension bushings, strut mount, CV axle, wheel bearing - or some combination of those.

You may be able to see what's wrong if you can get under the car while a (trusted!) assistant cranks the steering wheel back and forth. If there's "unusual movement" you should be able to spot it. Or get the corner up with a floor jack and see if you can move the wheel (grab it at 3 and 9 o'clock, then at 12 and 6 o'clock and try to get some movement).

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If I could put my hands on the car, I could do a BMW Mind Meld with it but since you're quite a distance, how many miles and what is the suspension replacement history, come on man, give us a clue!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts