BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw the Super Bowl ad and I think I will need to check one of these out. :thumbup:

http://youtu.be/2Bls1KKDwmo

Quick Specs: 550hp, 502tq, 8spd, 186mph, 3,638lbs, MSRP starts at $99k.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Agreed. Aleady on my "next car list". Checked out the vert a while back at the dealer and the coupe at the autoshow. Smaller than the 6 but very pretty. Interior is very nice, not as luxurious as the 6, but still a nice place to be.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed. Aleady on my "next car list". Checked out the vert a while back at the dealer and the coupe at the autoshow. Smaller than the 6 but very pretty. Interior is very nice, not as luxurious as the 6, but still a nice place to be.
Yeah, I need to start building my next car list - I only have two years left on my lease. ;) I'm thinking two doors, decent power, and tossable. I haven't decided between a fixed roof or a vert for the next go around. So far I'm thinking M235, M4, Cayman S, F-Type, 911 Targa, MB SL, MB AMG GT, Maser GT, and AM Vantage. Any suggestions for others that into this broad class?

I'm hoping to check out the Jag and a couple of the others at the Baltimore Autoshow later this week.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yeah, I need to start building my next car list - I only have two years left on my lease. ;) I'm thinking two doors, decent power, and tossable. I haven't decided between a fixed roof or a vert for the next go around. So far I'm thinking M235, M4, Cayman S, F-Type, 911 Targa, MB SL, MB AMG GT, Maser GT, and AM Vantage. Any suggestions for others that into this broad class?

I'm hoping to check out the Jag and a couple of the others at the Baltimore Autoshow later this week.
That's a great list of possible future auto's that would look great in your garage. I love the Porsche's but something about the larger coupes appeals to me now as I get on with the age :eek: (6 zero in 3 weeks).

Looking forward to hear about your perspective and thoughts when you see the the Jag F-Type in Baltimore.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Here's my current list in no particular order. I actually have a weighted average matrix in excel below this header. 650iX; 650i; M6; F-Type R Coupe; E63 AMG; CLS 63 AMG; M4; RS7; SL550; CL550; '15 CTS-V; RC-F. I deleted the C7 when I pasted this and I doubt I'll go Cadillac. Even though GM relaxed the creases on the outside, the interiors are still awful.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a great list of possible future auto's that would look great in your garage. I love the Porsche's but something about the larger coupes appeals to me now as I get on with the age :eek: (6 zero in 3 weeks).

Looking forward to hear about your perspective and thoughts when you see the the Jag F-Type in Baltimore.
The big coupe thing was part of Mrs D not wanting us to have three cars for two people, so I needed something that could handle the daily driving duties. The 650 has AWD and I can fit my bike within the trunk, so it works. Well, after a few years of this experiment, I think she's starting to sway towards three vehicles again. So now, one of them could be a dedicated fun car, hence my desire to find something smaller and more agile.

Here's my current list in no particular order. I actually have a weighted average matrix in excel below this header. 650iX; 650i; M6; F-Type R Coupe; E63 AMG; CLS 63 AMG; M4; RS7; SL550; CL550; '15 CTS-V; RC-F. I deleted the C7 when I pasted this and I doubt I'll go Cadillac. Even though GM relaxed the creases on the outside, the interiors are still awful.
The Corvette makes tons of sense, but there's just something about a Corvette that doesn't make me want to get a Corvette. On the other hand, a Viper could be a candidate. Thanks for reminding me about the S Class coupe. That's on my list if the three car decision above doesn't work out. I already have the argument formulated: Honey, I could spend $175k on this S63, or I could get a super efficient and practical BMW 2/3/4 for daily commuting and a Jag/Porsche for when we want to go on summer weekend/evening drives to your favorite ice cream shop. :D

·
My avatar is a selfie LOL
4,217 Posts
Too expensive, too heavy.

Z06 would put such a hurtin' on this thing.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
The new Corvette to me is a car I'd really like to have as a loaner. I wouldn't want to say I own one, but I'd like to spend some time with it.

The new S coupe is gorgeous. That car as an S65 might be one of the coolest new cars to come.

The F-Type is such a cool little car. The interior - even when fitted with all of the leather upgrades - isn't at 6er level, but it's got a nice feel to it. Still, Jag needs to get with the Germans when it comes to infotainment.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The interior looks good in pictures to me, but I'll provide updated comment once I see it in person.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Check out the most recent issue of Top Gear Magazine (available for download on your iPad). It's the cover story and has a nice write-up (not to mention some beautiful pictures).

·
4,217 Posts
The new Corvette to me is a car I'd really like to have as a loaner. I wouldn't want to say I own one, but I'd like to spend some time with it.

The new S coupe is gorgeous. That car as an S65 might be one of the coolest new cars to come.

The F-Type is such a cool little car. The interior - even when fitted with all of the leather upgrades - isn't at 6er level, but it's got a nice feel to it. Still, Jag needs to get with the Germans when it comes to infotainment.

I understand this sentiment for the base Stingray, but this C7 Z06 looks a lot more special than the C6 Z06 looked. Even the layman will know it's no base car!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've driven the drop top versions and found it to be great if you wanted a true "sport" car. The ride is harsh b/c the wheel base is short, absolutely NO room in the convert version. The V8 felt a tad heavy and the power didn't seem that much more than the 650, however....Tata has done a nice job with the fit and finish. I was a little concerned about all the gizmos, ie the vents pop up out of the dash etc. I also appreciated the fact that you could select different ride settings and exhaust settings more independently.

The interior was cozy and laid out relatively well, but did feel like a true 2 seater, almost like my old MGB's :)

If I didn't need the room and wanted a weekend car, then I'd have a hard look at this one, but opt for the V6 b/c of the money difference in the V8, the greater value is the V6. Being priced between the new vet and a 911, I you're going to get an interesting demographic on who buys this. I'm anxious to look at the new coupe in person. I suspect the ride and drive will definitely be different and the additional space welcome.

I don't think I've ever seen a negative review from Top Gear on ANY Jag, even though they're no longer a Brit car, they are definitely "kind" to the brand.

·
Eye of the Wolf
2,783 Posts
I saw the Super Bowl ad and I think I will need to check one of these out. :thumbup:

This past week I have been assisting a friend of mine who currently has a very nice Maserati GT to trade his Maserati for a F-Type R Coupe. His build is about $107K - loaded except for ceramic brakes. The new F-Type R is a very sexy cat. Knowing you are tall, unfortunately, I do not think you will fit comfortably. At 6'3" I can sorta fit but a longer trip would be painful. The F-Type is definitely worth checking out!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've seen the C7 Z06 and it's a beast. Mean looking car and well-engineered. Interior is still not up to a luxury standard (it is after all a true sports car). My problem: it's not a great DD and most certainly not an all season car, putting me back into the three car situation which I want to avoid (like dunderhi). The F-Type R Coupe interior depends on how it's optioned as can be seen by the various pictures posted above. It's no 6er, but it is very nice. Let's face it, the 6 Series interior is extremely unique and broke a lot of new ground. It is a hard act to follow.

I saw the FTR at the auto show and it is hot. Great exterior. No way I would ever get one without the V8. Like others on this board, I'm just a V8 guy. Don't care that DI/FI sixes now make incredible power and torque. That's not the point. Regardless, bottom line - the FTR is on my list.:)

·
4,217 Posts
I've seen the C7 Z06 and it's a beast. Mean looking car and well-engineered. Interior is still not up to a luxury standard (it is after all a true sports car). My problem: it's not a great DD and most certainly not an all season car, putting me back into the three car situation which I want to avoid (like dunderhi). The F-Type R Coupe interior depends on how it's optioned as can be seen by the various pictures posted above. It's no 6er, but it is very nice. Let's face it, the 6 Series interior is extremely unique and broke a lot of new ground. It is a hard act to follow.

I saw the FTR at the auto show and it is hot. Great exterior. No way I would ever get one without the V8. Like others on this board, I'm just a V8 guy. Don't care that DI/FI sixes now make incredible power and torque. That's not the point. Regardless, bottom line - the FTR is on my list.:)
Thankfully, every car is an all seasons car for me :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thankfully, every car is an all seasons car for me :)

Grrrrr:mad: That's a mean thing to say to a guy who is experiencing record breaking snow fall with another dump coming tonight. Got sick of my plow guys showing up late (or not at all) and tearing up my yard. I just spend $900 on a snow blower:bawling:

At least we don't have giant centipedes:eek:

·
4,217 Posts
Grrrrr:mad: That's a mean thing to say to a guy who is experiencing record breaking snow fall with another dump coming tonight. Got sick of my plow guys showing up late (or not at all) and tearing up my yard. I just spend $900 on a snow blower:bawling:

At least we don't have giant centipedes:eek:
As I sit here outside in shorts and a t-shirt :)

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
The V6 S F-Type is probably sufficient most of the time, but I know I couldn't pull the trigger on it knowing there's a V8 version. According to the TG article, the modifications they made to the V8 R coupe make the car a better driving car than the V8 S convertible, which is is supposedly a screaming, tire-smoking monster rather than a sports car.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Jag really doesn't want the passengers to play with the radio or climate control. I'm with them. I think my wife is the only North East born first gen Ukrainian who likes country and is freezing all the time.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.