1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Officially Contaminated
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Who cares what he thinks about the M3? Its like listening to Bill Gates yapping about hundred dollar bills.

·
Just another Gear Head!
705 Posts
Who cares what he thinks about the M3? Its like listening to Bill Gates yapping about hundred dollar bills.
Actually I suspect he is very knowlegable. It would be more like hearing Bill Gates yapping about computers or Warren Buffet yapping about money. I think I would listen to that.

I once read an article from Jay Leno about driving the C5 corvette in Germany on the autobahn. Not only was it insightful about the car but one of the funniest reads I've experienced.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Yeah. I saw this review already.

Must be great to be in his position to be able to buy all those great cars.

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
Who cares what an X5 guy thinks about what Jay Leno thinks about the M3? ;)

I enjoyed the review.

·
Officially Contaminated
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's a very unbiased review. The man has owned every type of automobile imaginable. He's seen the best and the worst. Words from his mouth mean a lot more to me than some cars.com desk jockey

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Seriously? Like him or not, he is due respect for his extensive knowledge of automobiles.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
(don't think this has been posted in the past)

Love him or hate him and sporting his Canadian tuxedo, Jay Leno puts together this great review of the M3 and BMW's racing heritage. I particularly liked the segment on the BMW Motorsport team at the ALMS race. By the way Mr. Leno, it's 414hp not 444hp. :p

Video: http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1232499&showID=78

Pictures and Video: http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the-garage/sports-cars/2011-bmw-m3/
Thanks for your post. I like his comment about proper sports cars have manual transmissions.

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
Good car review. Guy is an ass-hat pushover.

LETTERMAN!

·
Better with Butter
2,526 Posts
(don't think this has been posted in the past)

Love him or hate him and sporting his Canadian tuxedo, Jay Leno puts together this great review of the M3 and BMW's racing heritage. I particularly liked the segment on the BMW Motorsport team at the ALMS race. By the way Mr. Leno, it's 414hp not 444hp. :p

Video: http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1232499&showID=78

Pictures and Video: http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the-garage/sports-cars/2011-bmw-m3/
Are you sure? He might have been reviewing that special M3 GTS? That one does have 444 HP.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
Leno is the personification of an enthusiast. He is knowledgable, unbiased and passionate about cars.

CA

·
Officially Contaminated
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leno is the personification of an enthusiast. He is knowledgable, unbiased and passionate about cars.

CA
It's the variety if his collection that makes him so knowledgable and unbiased.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
7,614 Posts

CA
Very true. In 1996 my dad was invited to show a 1929 Packard at the Pebble Beach Concours d' Elegance. Leno was there showing a Duesenberg. His car was parked very close to dad's and he was just another proud owner. Would talk your ear off if you wanted to talk cars, but was not at all interested in fielding questions about his TV show or Hollywood.

[edit] BTW: I noticed that M3 didn't have a hood insulation pad. Hmmmmm..... cost cutting creeping even to the M3?

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
[edit] BTW: I noticed that M3 didn't have a hood insulation pad. Hmmmmm..... cost cutting creeping even to the M3?
Lol, I noticed that too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I just read that too, and envy his collections, and also his enthusiasm for motoring, automobile heritage, and racing. Nice to see a guy with bucks have a fun hobby as he does, and share it too...

And what is there not to respect about Bill Gates, give me a break.

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
I just read that too, and envy his collections, and also his enthusiasm for motoring, automobile heritage, and racing. Nice to see a guy with bucks have a fun hobby as he does, and share it too...

And what is there not to respect about Bill Gates, give me a break.
Windows Vista! :rofl:

CA

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,162 Posts
It looks like they did it on one take, a quality I like. Jay wears wrinkled, unbuttoned shirts stuffed into his pants. Gotta respect that in a guy. And best of all, Jay mostly drives on craptastic roads, just like we do. He's sort of the everyman who lives out our dreams.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts