Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the JB+ at 50 or 75% safe on Turbos with 95,000 miles? I***8217;ve got an VRSF charge pipe with a tial bov, Corsa exhaust, Injen dci and a BMS OCC. not sure what how much of an impact these would have on pro longing the life of the turbos or keep the JB+ from doing any extra harm to them, do you guys recommend it or no? Not looking for a crazy increase and power just a little bit of extra boost.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Is the JB+ at 50 or 75% safe on Turbos with 95,000 miles? I've got an VRSF charge pipe with a tial bov, Corsa exhaust, Injen dci and a BMS OCC. not sure what how much of an impact these would have on pro longing the life of the turbos or keep the JB+ from doing any extra harm to them, do you guys recommend it or no? Not looking for a crazy increase and power just a little bit of extra boost.
Let's put it this way - turbochargers are a consumable product. They will last "x" amount of time.

You actually asked the correct question later on in your post, even though you were referring the question to your other bolt-on mods:

"not sure what how much of an impact these would have on pro longing the life of the turbos"

That's the question. Will the JB+ cause your turbos to wear more quickly ? Possibly. It's not really a "yes" or "no" answer because there are too many factors to consider that we don't know. How do you drive your car ? Are you aggressive ? Do you red-line as much as possible ? Are you taking lots of short (<10 miles) trips or do you take longer ones ? Is it a daily driver ? So many variables that we can't possibly know.

Here's my personal opinion - Be prepared to have to replace the turbos when they fail. Again, they are a consumable part and they WILL eventually need replacing or rebuilding. When you start doing mods, you have to be OK with the fact that your turbos might only last 10K miles more vs 30K miles if you didn't mod. If you're not OK with that, then modding is not right for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts