BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this on the N54 website but thought I'd try my luck here as well.

I'm installing my tax return goodies this weekend, I've read the boards, printed out the install manuals, but was still hoping to get some more tips from those of you who have done the installs.

Anything that will make the process go smoother that I should look out for?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
  • The JB4ers are a pretty tight community. I found a new friend on N54 and hooked up with him and he installed it for me. It was a snap for him and looked a bit more complicated than the JB3 process I completed, with the power hook-ins and all now. So I was glad I had an experienced installer.
  • IF you're running a laptop programming wire into your glovebox, now's a good time to do it, with the ECU open and all.
  • I HAD DCI's but took them out. I don't think they add any extra power due to this car's inabilirty to feed more cold air into the engine. It gets incredibly hot under that hood when you're pushing her - even if you aren't!
  • You are going to have a blast with that car when you're done! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Pm me and I will send you my number if you want to talk before you do it. Pretty simple if you take your time.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
686 Posts
Allow for plenty of time, you may not need it but if you rush cuz you have to be somewhere things get fouled up. I brought the laptop down and had the video and pics right at hand... First time it took 1 hr. But now I could do it 20 min. But that was jb3. Jb4 has an extra step..

And once again I'm wit Polk , no dci's in my 535. Google it there's dynos out there showing reduced power from this mod..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the support. The DCI I'm not 100% sold on. There's plenty of power stock. I just love the high pitched jet engine type spooking of the turbos with the videos I've seen with DCIs installed. If I don't like it I'll remove them and make someone a good deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts