BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off don't tell me to search. Everything I found was from years ago and didn't have much info on reduced power modes on ones with jb4.

I was driving the other day, accelerating hard and all of a sudden I felt power cut to the engine. It said warning reduced power (low boost mode). I stopped turned off the engine and turned it back on and it was fine. Has anyone else had this happen to them? and what was the issue? My 335is has jb4, bmw dci, and vrsf dp. I had it in map 2 when this happened. I still want to customize my map 6 and give it a little more boost but I am hesitate based on what happened the other day. Please help!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Probably just over heated. And was telling you to back off some. Do you have an intercooler? That would help significantly. Without telling us the codes it won't help either! Best of luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope that's all it was. No but may plan to buy one. Just ordered the charge pipe today because I don't want to be stuck when/if the stock plastic one breaks. Intercooler may be next on the list. Just can't wait to map 6 the car after I get this charge pipe

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine does the same thing and it sounds like our cars are modded similarly. I need to install an intercooler desperately.
Mine only did it once in a month and a half since I got my tune

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
You can guess all day and speculate what could have gone wrong. Or scan codes and actually know what went wrong. If you have auto clear on, you'll never know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts