BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a GORGEOUS black M3 during my lunch break today with the competition package. I sat in my car across from it staring and wishing I had one =[

Hail ///M3! :thumbup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think the competition package still selling about 48-52k range in used car or cpo lot. It is way way too high because of its limitation. You can get a 30k used m3 and modify it to competition package. I think it is cheaper. Main things is there are no engine mod in zcp, all those option is for cosmetic only.
$ 450 for alcantara wheel
$ 3000 supspension kit
$ 4000 tire and csl wheel package
$ 3000 Brembo brake kit.
around 40 grands and you can get one better than zcp.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think the competition package still selling about 48-52k range in used car or cpo lot. It is way way too high because of its limitation. You can get a 30k used m3 and modify it to competition package. I think it is cheaper. Main things is there are no engine mod in zcp, all those option is for cosmetic only.
$ 450 for alcantara wheel
$ 3000 supspension kit
$ 4000 tire and csl wheel package
$ 3000 Brembo brake kit.
around 40 grands and you can get one better than zcp.
So you think it's cheaper to just buy a normal M3 and then spend 10K to bring it up to ZCP specs?? Your forgetting the importance of a genuine factory built ZCP M3. The steering feel alone is worth a lot of money. Big difference from a normal M3. It's all about supply and demand. It's not easy finding a low mileage ZCP M3.

·
Registered
270 Posts
So you think it's cheaper to just buy a normal M3 and then spend 10K to bring it up to ZCP specs?? Your forgetting the importance of a genuine factory built ZCP M3. The steering feel alone is worth a lot of money. Big difference from a normal M3. It's all about supply and demand. It's not easy finding a low mileage ZCP M3.
AS I mentioned, the ZCP is all cosmetic package. The bimmer magazine already pointed it out in previous issue. In order to make the ZCP really competition, bmw should increase its horsepower at least to 350hp. Steering rack ? I think it is the same as my 330i ZHP steering. Of course, the original factory pre-mod is the best but I will only consider buying one if the price lower.

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
22,144 Posts
Here's one... My car's twin is for sale :(

http://www.justracing.com/classified/747

1 - 7 of 7 Posts