BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to clean my new Jet black BMW with some cleansing cloth.... I think I am getting some black paint with the dust. The cloth has some black colored powder along with dust.. I am thinking its paint .

Do you guys noticed something like this ???

Please advise.

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
I seriously doubt it is paint. Remember, there is a clear coat over all of your black paint, so it would be difficult to have paint coming off unless you rubbed all the way through the clear coat. In which case, this would probably be pretty obvious.

What part of your car are you wiping down when you find this? If it's anywhere toward the rear, you're probably just getting brake dust along with normal dust. BMWs are notorious for excessive brake dust, which not only gets all over your wheels, but it ends up stuck on the body and everywhere else from your wheels on back.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I was trying to clean my new Jet black BMW with some cleansing cloth.... I think I am getting some black paint with the dust. The cloth has some black colored powder along with dust.. I am thinking its paint .

Do you guys noticed something like this ???

Please advise.
Your paint should NOT be coming off. What are you cleaning it with?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I seriously doubt it is paint. Remember, there is a clear coat over all of your black paint, so it would be difficult to have paint coming off unless you rubbed all the way through the clear coat. In which case, this would probably be pretty obvious.

What part of your car are you wiping down when you find this? If it's anywhere toward the rear, you're probably just getting brake dust along with normal dust. BMWs are notorious for excessive brake dust, which not only gets all over your wheels, but it ends up stuck on the body and everywhere else from your wheels on back.
+1:bigpimp:

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts