Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jet Black coupe pics anyone?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Those pictures from before or after your new paint job? :lmao:

Speaking of which, was all that white paint successfully removed?

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Andawyr said:
Those pictures from before or after your new paint job? :lmao:

Speaking of which, was all that white paint successfully removed?
it came off :bigpimp:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did you get it all off yourself, or did you pay to have it done?

And, how did you get the paint off?

(man, talk about thread hihacking :angel: )

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Andawyr said:
Did you get it all off yourself, or did you pay to have it done?

And, how did you get the paint off?

(man, talk about thread hihacking :angel: )
Professional paint removal...

I think they used Clay Magic clay bars...

·
Registered
123 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Professional paint removal...

I think they used Clay Magic clay bars...
Cool. I'll file that bit of information away, where hopefully I'll never have to use it. :D

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Size isn't that important. It is the width that counts :p

225s are good all around :thumb:
LOL, I see you've been reading one of Maxim's "What Girls Really Want" articles. ;)

I nearly scared the crap out of myself this past weekend when my car went into a smooth tail-out attitude as I was pulling out of a side street. Fun once I figured out it was controllable, but makes me really wonder what novice drivers would do without DSC. My ASC didn't even blink once during the entire thing. :confused:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Mystikal said:

I nearly scared the crap out of myself this past weekend when my car went into a smooth tail-out attitude as I was pulling out of a side street. Fun once I figured out it was controllable, but makes me really wonder what novice drivers would do without DSC. My ASC didn't even blink once during the entire thing. :confused:
How did you manage to do that?

I never have oversteer problems on the street. I do always leave DSC on, but get understeer usually. This is desirable. My car has a LOT more torque than yours and I don't have to catch oversteer very often. Unless you were going to fast and lifted ;) :dunno:

If you like controlled oversteer, try going to an auto-x. You will be tail out during much of the run ;)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I neglected to add that the tires were still slightly damp in a few spots from an earlier rain shower. The pavement itself was bone dry at that particular location, but the tires probably still had a bit of water on them from a less-travelled street or something. I was simply coming from a dead stop in first, and at about 60% throttle I'd say. After realizing what was happening and gaining control of it I put 'er in second and continued the slow slide without any ASC intervention. Also, having the factory Conti's helped a bit too. :cry:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Mystikal said:
I neglected to add that the tires were still slightly damp in a few spots from an earlier rain shower. The pavement itself was bone dry at that particular location, but the tires probably still had a bit of water on them from a less-travelled street or something. I was simply coming from a dead stop in first, and at about 60% throttle I'd say. After realizing what was happening and gaining control of it I put 'er in second and continued the slow slide without any ASC intervention. Also, having the factory Conti's helped a bit too. :cry:
ah, I see. Yea, if my rear tires are wet, I ALWAYS spin them pulling out on a street. Never have a tail out situation though. :dunno: How far out did the back go?

Contisports? It look as if in your sig pic, the tire is underinflated :eek:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
nate328Ci said:

ah, I see. Yea, if my rear tires are wet, I ALWAYS spin them pulling out on a street. Never have a tail out situation though. :dunno: How far out did the back go?

Contisports? It look as if in your sig pic, the tire is underinflated :eek:
The back went out far enough to require about a 45* countersteer to land in the correct lane.

I dunno, I checked the tire pressure just minutes before that poor quality pic was taken. I have it set to the 4 passenger "summer" 225 specs, which is 29/33 I believe. I may try the fully loaded 225 specs (something like 33/37) to gain some sidewall strength soon, though. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts