BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am VERY happy with it. I had my heart set on a Titanium Silver 330, however the dealer offered me one that had the same options, and was on schedule to be delivered in a few weeks from the time I made that phone call... but it was Jet Black.
So.. I looked at some pictures, and saw a few in person and fell in love with it. BUT, it needs to be kept clean!

A clean Jet Black looks SOOOO tight.. you would be a very happy person IMO.

Just stock up on some Zaino, p21, and a Big Blue drying towel and some smaller detailing micro fiber's and you'l be good to go!

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Absolutely my favorite color !!!

Nothing IMO looks better then a black on black car !!

The only reason I would get a car in a different color would be for variety reasons. So I usually switch off between black & White !!

·
Addicted To Autocross
191 Posts
HELLLL YEAH!

Black on Black was always my first choice. I love it and don't regret it. Yea, it can be a pain to clean, but it is worth it, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
black on black rocks, but the natural brown (saddle) interior looks fantastic compared with the tan interior.

·
10,856 Posts
Jet looks incredible... If you can keep it clean. In retrospect, I wish I'd gone with tit silver or SG.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Like the rest, black looks the best when clean. Although I did say in an another thread that this would be my last black car, I don't regret it one bit.

Yesterday in my garage, the guy who parks next to me also has a black car. He asked me how I keep it so clean and where I took it. I kindly informed him that I wash it myself about once a week. :D

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
goodfella said:
Are you jet black owners happy with the colour? At least it's not as common as silver but aside from obvious cleaning issues would you buy black again?
Mine looks fabulous in black, love it!!

I've got the sand leather and wood interior combo. The whole thing has an integrated, solid look that pleases me just fine.

I use a detailer to hand wash and wax my car, but even when I did it myself, I never had a problem with swirl marks...... I just followed all the numerous tips on the web for car wash care.

Ed

·
Registered
79 Posts
Life with a black car

This marks the 3rd Black car I've owned.

Everytime, I say that I'll never buy Black again. But once seen on a dealers lot - all shinny and new - I jump at it time after time.

I originally wanted Orient Blue (Basically Blueish - Black). I almost bought a Titanium Silver and Black. Out of the blue, I called one last dealer and was told that one that came very close to what I wanted was there.

The only problem is that it is Black. I poundered the thought for about two hours - remembering all those car washing (I do myself) and the amount of work to keep the swirls and paint rock chips from showing up.

But, looking at it again...... Black is beautiful. Since I think all of us on this site has a love affair to some degree with our cars, it's a badge of honor to keeping a black car looking good.

So, to answer the question - no regrets. Would I do it again. My first answer is - I'll never buy black again....too much work.

My heart answer......and the one that will win out after all, HELL YES.

Mine is a 2000 323. Jet Black and Grey. Silver interior trim (no premium pkg).

I agree with the other post - black on black is sweeter. But I also live in "Raider Country" So....Black, Grey and Silver goes well.

The chrome tail pipe extensions, color contrast of the tail lights and yes....the yellow side marker lights really stand out and blend well with the color scheme.

What the dealer did do for me was to let me have the black floor mats instead of grey. The contrast of black on grey carpeting works well.

Sorry to be so long winded......looks like I love black afterall.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm on my third black car in a row and it won't be my last. Keeping the car clean is a labor of love, and I don't mind it a bit.

I detail the car myself with Klasse, which is long lasting and relatively easy to use. It puts a great shine on the car and helps protect against "swirling". I'll occasionally use drive-through car washes if I haven't time for anything else (living in the city means I've got to drive to my parent's house in the burbs to wash the car by hand). I know machine washes are tough on the finish, but I figure if I keep up on the Klasse treatments the occassional "cheating" won't do that much harm. Between washing it myself and using automated washes, I pay a guy in my garage to hand wash the car once in a while (using diluted Klasse AIO in place of soap).

I usually wash it one way or another once a week, but miss a week from time to the time - and the car always looks great. I keep a California Car Duster in the trunk for quick touch-ups - that thing is a must-have for black car owners.

The bottom line is a clean black car is the best look there is, but the choice of a black car is best made by someone who doesn't dread car care.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Yeah, I'd buy black again, until arthritis befalls my other shoulder that is...

Its the most beautiful "non-offending" color choice when clean (Meaning, it appeals to more than limiting colors) but also one of the toughest to keep looking good!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
although i have a steel blue, black looks awesome. and it looks good whether you decide to clear out or not (i'd stay stock with black). when i got my car my cousin asked what color, i told him steel blue and he was like " bmws should only come in white, black, and red"

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
First BMW was ti silver. Second is Jet black. I love the jet black. Even if dirty, looks good from a distance. Dont notice the grime until youre up close. Of course, when its clean it looks even better. Dont be concerned with all the Jet Black pita to keep clean hype. You wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good question and great responses. I was toying with either Jet Black or Orient Blue. I've seen both in person and they are both very nice looking.

My 330i was Ti Silver and I refused to get another silver car and add it to the number already on the road. I don't see too many black 3-series where I am. This should stand out!!!

I ended up ordering a Jet Black 325ci, sport package, moonroof, bi-xenons. Expect delivery in 6-8 weeks. Couldn't be happier.

Stacy

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
JingleJill said:
Good question and great responses. I was toying with either Jet Black or Orient Blue. I've seen both in person and they are both very nice looking.

My 330i was Ti Silver and I refused to get another silver car and add it to the number already on the road. I don't see too many black 3-series where I am. This should stand out!!!

I ended up ordering a Jet Black 325ci, sport package, moonroof, bi-xenons. Expect delivery in 6-8 weeks. Couldn't be happier.

Stacy
:thumbup:

Cya on the "Detail Forum" soon! ;) (Psst, now you can be a serious detailer, and do yourself a favor, buy a nice Porter Cable Random Orbital polisher, just don't let friends know you have one, or you'll be very busy!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this board...spend a lot of time on e46fanatics. Anyway, this is the 4 black car I have. I kept telling myself I would NEVER have a black car again but when I see it on the lot I just can't resist. I seriously doubt I would ever have any other color. I love the color!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.