Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey John,

Occasionally I'll lurk on the MBnz.org R170 board because my wife has one and it's always fun to see what's going on over there.

I think I have seen you post over there, and your recovering Benz-a-holic title leads me to believe you had an SLK.

Which model of SLK did you have, and how do you like it compared to the 330? I would have to guess that since the 320 came out in 2001 that you had the 230.

Everytime I drive my wife's car I feel like I'm in a go-cart. It's so fun to drive! How do you compare it to the Bimmer?

Of course my wife likes to drive my car because she says there's something about it....Yes honey you're right, it's a BMW!

Anyway, wanted to get your impression of the 2.

Thanks!

·
10,856 Posts
Benzes are great cars IF you can tolerate the slushbox. Clearly you can.

·
5,820 Posts
You're correct that I had an SLK, a '98 230 in silver. If you go to the gallery on MBNZ.ORG for the 170 you can see it. It's under "john's" 98, silver/salsa. I really enjoyed the car and being a roadster made it very sporty. Of course the top was great. Compared to the 330CIC I have now, I can say I like the BMW better. It's more nimble, powerful and lighter to drive than the MB. The, yes slushie, tranny is much more responsive and geared just right for me in sport mode. Two to four seats was an adjustment, it's just a different personality, but I think the Bimmer drives much better. I used to like my 230 better than my Dad's 320 FWIW. At the time I had the SLK, I also had a '97 E320 for winter, that's in the gallery too. The Bimmer was the merging of the two cars and I sold both MBs for 61k in June '01 and bought the 330 for 41k with 4k miles on it.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Chipster said:
Hey John,

...Of course my wife likes to drive my car because she says there's something about it....Yes honey you're right, it's a BMW!
:D

Right on! :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts