BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Grabbed a 740 in Singapore Grey. Had seen the color on an M6 before and really liked it. Did some reading on the 740 road tests and saw performance #s that were much better than those reported by BMW (presumably to push 750 sales), so I figured I'd give it a shot this time. Definitely feels fast enough for my needs and locale, and it's nice and smooth. Lease payment is awesome this time around so no regrets on the 6 cylinder so far. May slap a BMS tune in it that's good for 80hp just for the sake of making some mods.

Interior is great with lots of new gadgets to play around with. Never had the extended wheel-base before, and it feels like I can really slide the driver's seat back and stretch out. Definitely makes me wish I had a personal driver so I could set up shop in the back. Only negative in the interior I've found is the super thin sun-roof covers that you can slightly see through. The new ambient lighting looks great as well. My must-haves were the Nappa and Exec package since I wanted the leather dash and upper-door panels.

Display key is kind of a novelty and annoying since you can't attach other keys to it (unless I'm overlooking something).

All in all some nice improvements over the F, and it's definitely sportier to drive.

Can't wait to give this sucker some 20% tint to complete the interior feel

Attachments

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,700 Posts
Nice, Congrats!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congrats! That is a sweet combo. Really looks awesome.

Let us know how the sunroof works out, if its too hot. I am concerned about that.

Grabbed a 740 in Singapore Grey. Had seen the color on an M6 before and really liked it. Did some reading on the 740 road tests and saw performance #s that were much better than those reported by BMW (presumably to push 750 sales), so I figured I'd give it a shot this time. Definitely feels fast enough for my needs and locale, and it's nice and smooth. Lease payment is awesome this time around so no regrets on the 6 cylinder so far. May slap a BMS tune in it that's good for 80hp just for the sake of making some mods.

Interior is great with lots of new gadgets to play around with. Never had the extended wheel-base before, and it feels like I can really slide the driver's seat back and stretch out. Definitely makes me wish I had a personal driver so I could set up shop in the back. Only negative in the interior I've found is the super thin sun-roof covers that you can slightly see through. The new ambient lighting looks great as well. My must-haves were the Nappa and Exec package since I wanted the leather dash and upper-door panels.

Display key is kind of a novelty and annoying since you can't attach other keys to it (unless I'm overlooking something).

All in all some nice improvements over the F, and it's definitely sportier to drive.

Can't wait to give this sucker some 20% tint to complete the interior feel

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks bros. 20s were a must have for me. They look alot like the 20s that came on my M6 - maybe even the same?

dbs - 750 is 13.3k more, but comes with nappa standard (1,500) and it's executive package is price about $900 more in the 740, so if these are considered must-haves than it's about 10.9k more for a 750. With the current residuals and negotiated prices off MSRP it should put it right about 100 a month more for a 750 w/o x-drive. Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but it is kind of cool and surprising to have a 7 series lease that's under 4 figures for once.

·
Wardaddy in retirement
928 Posts
Another Singapore gray ! Congrats on the best car&color choice :D

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks bro. Singapore is awesome so far. Even when it's really dusty it still sparkles through

·
Wardaddy in retirement
928 Posts
Thanks bro. Singapore is awesome so far. Even when it's really dusty it still sparkles through
I hear ya - having a hard time deciding when to wash her every time, because it's not easy to tell if she's really dirty - shines like its just been detailed even with quite a bit of dust on it.
In love with all the different facets of the color under different lighting conditions.

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,481 Posts
What are the undertones in Singapore? In some web photos it looks a bit greenish. Is that right? The chips I saw in a & brochure are not very useful.

Thanx.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mostly green, some silver and under the right light maybe even purple?

·
Registered
650 Posts
great looking car. how are the lights? are they any different in performance than the 750, i notice they look different. i assume they are led.

what kind of percent off did you manage?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. The lights seem to be just about the same as my M6, which were all LED. The 750 I had before that didn't have the LED lighting option. Once the coding is finally released for the G chassis I'll code them to do that wrap-around anti dazzle function that the euro 7's have enabled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts