BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
?
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi... just want to pop in here and say hello. I just picked up my 2014 328i from BMW Santa Barbara (Jon Shafer) last Friday. This is my first Alpineweiss color, having had mostly darker colors (jetschwarz , carbonschwarz, platinumgrau). Here in the bay area I see a lot of Alpineweiss in various models (X5, 5'er, 3'er) and I noticed that Alpineweiss looks best on M-sport equipped cars.

I recently came off a 740i (I grew tired of the big and heavy car) and was originally looking for a basic, modestly equipped 328i so I can save money. I'm planning to do ED when the 440GC LCI comes out (or *if* I can afford it, an M3). I contacted Jon to see if he has any cheap demos or 2014 leftovers. He sent a few cars but nothing struck my fancy. But then he sent me this one...

328i white on black
ZMM
ZDH
ZPP
ZTP
ZLP
M sport brakes
Harman Kardon

whoa... now we're talking!

Being a 2014, Jon gave me a super deal that I cannot refuse :D So fast forward to Friday and I went down to SB to pick her up. And here are the obligatory photos (apologies for the boring photos, but I hope there are other Alpineweiss fans who won't mind :) ).

The drive home was very fun and went by very quickly. I had a lot of new things to explore and try out that I didn't have previously, e.g. BMW online (news, stocks, weather), touchpad entry, BMW apps, etc. Also M adaptive suspension, VSS, and M sport brakes really work wonders.

Special shout out to Jon Shafer who made it happen :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,087 Posts
Congrats. Very nice. You mention M Adaptive Suspension and VSS, but you didn't list ZDH as one of the options.

·
?
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats. Very nice. You mention M Adaptive Suspension and VSS, but you didn't list ZDH as one of the options.
Oops.. my bad! Was writing those from memory. Fixed now :thumbup:

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,087 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the 740i. I know it's apples to oranges, but how are you finding the change from the 740's six to the 328's four?

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Being a 2014, Jon gave me a super deal that I cannot refuse :D So fast forward to Friday and I went down to SB to pick her up. And here are the obligatory photos (apologies for the boring photos, but I hope there are other Alpineweiss fans who won't mind :) ).

The drive home was very fun and went by very quickly. I had a lot of new things to explore and try out that I didn't have previously, e.g. BMW online (news, stocks, weather), touchpad entry, BMW apps, etc. Also M adaptive suspension, VSS, and M sport brakes really work wonders.

Special shout out to Jon Shafer who made it happen :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
SO what kind of super deal did you get? Nice care

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
We in the Church of Alpinweiss welcome you to our flock! :thumbup:

·
?
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a huge fan of the 740i. I know it's apples to oranges, but how are you finding the change from the 740's six to the 328's four?
My guess is acceleration wise, on a straight launch both cars will be on par. I just looked up the 0-60 times on bmwusa.com... indeed the 740 is 5.6 sec vs 328 (auto) 5.8 sec. But IIRC (as I already got rid of my 740 a month ago) the I-6 feels stronger and more responsive overall. And it sounds better too.

The 740 is good for long distance driving or if you have full passengers. But it was too heavy and big which took away the sportiness. If money is no object, I'll gladly keep the 740 for long distance and get the 328 as daily driver :D

·
?
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats! I love the alpine white! The one thing I don't like is the wood panel -- reminds of cheap 1980s wood furniture.
Ha.. ha.. yeah I'm not too thrilled about the trim. If this was my own configuration, I'd opt for aluminum hexagon. But this was actually someone's custom order which the customer bailed.

·
?
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SO what kind of super deal did you get? Nice care
Let's just say that I got lucky and this was a one-off deal that Jon wouldn't be able to replicate :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
+1 for Alpineweiss

·
Registered
302 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.