BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of buying an 01 330ci black on black with 53xxx miles for 16000 i'm planing on keeping the car for a few years, i have a few questions, how do i know that it has the sport package other than the rear tires being wider. It has the amber lights not the clear ones... when i drive the car what stuff should i pay attention to..... i currently drive a 94 318is...any tips would be helpful thanks

·
Black Mage
2,337 Posts
Ehh... I don't think that '01 model 330's had staggered setups, sport or not. As for the package itself, you'll have double-spoke wheels, bucket seats and a 3-spoke steering wheel.

Actually you can find it in the wiki. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
some thoughts

My 2001 330i has sport and most of the premium stuff, but not all.

Sport can be determined most often, as I understand, by the seats. If your front seats have adustable thigh supports, then at least you know you have sport seats. My sedan has staggered 17 inch wheels and Mtech-type bumpers and side skirts which I believe were a part of the sport package.

Have the car checked out thoroughly. Here are the common things I've heard to watch out for.

cooling
clutch
suspension bushings, arms, and attachment to the unibody.
Noisy crappy original equipment tires. Mine looked great but these contisportcontacts were so noisy they just went in the trash to the tune of $600.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
i'm thinking of buying an 01 330ci black on black with 53xxx miles for 16000 i'm planing on keeping the car for a few years, i have a few questions, how do i know that it has the sport package other than the rear tires being wider. It has the amber lights not the clear ones... when i drive the car what stuff should i pay attention to..... i currently drive a 94 318is...any tips would be helpful thanks
Ask how many window regulator repairs the car has had. :p

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Only 1 window regulator I HAVENT had to change on mine :(

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Good luck, four years after driving mine off the showroom floor with 6 miles, I still love it and can't wait to drive it every day.

I am absolutely serious.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
but you have fourteen gazillion miles on your car.
Yeah but I dont roll them down much :)

Guy I got the car from was like, Im so sorry you had to replace all those. I told him no biggy from what Ive read here its a common problem that happens alot. At least its not hard to swap them out.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Oh I just remembered something, you all will love this. When the first window started messing up I of course mentioned to the previous owner it sounded like broken glass was in the tracks or something. Not knowing this was a common sign it was dieing. He said oh I know why its doing that. Im like cool, why is that?

He told me he went to europe on a vacation and lost his keys returning to the states. Im thinking wtf are you doing taking your car keys to europe without the car, but anyways he said when he got back the car was locked and he couldnt get in it.

Something came up and he wanted something out of the car and in place of waiting on getting a replacement key or whatever he took a baseball bat to the window and busted it to get in. Then he found his keys in his luggage. Wild.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Call any BMW dealer, give them VIN# and they will tell you. Thats what I did :)

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

The new regulator I JUST PUT in the drivers door screwed up this morning. This is just rediculous!!!!!!

Brand damn new and it sounds like the cable jumped off the pulley or something.

·
Black Mage
2,337 Posts
Pop it out and have a look. It couldn't have broken that fast. Something probably popped out. BTW, my 2 front regulators were replaced over a year ago, and they're going strong. :)

kris... I stand corrected on the wheel setup.

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
168 Posts
I have an '01 330Ci w/ Sport Package- you can tell by the 17x7.5 front, 17x8.5 rear staggered M68 wheels and the wonderful sport seats, which fit you like a glove and have adjustable thigh supports. They kind of resemble the vader seats from the e36 M3 except for the head rest. Also, with Sport you get the tri-spoke style steering wheel with the round airbag instead of the quad spoke with the rectangle airbag....feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this one though.

-JP

1 - 19 of 19 Posts