BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
aka Chi-chi
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm as stoked as can be about my new 530i. It is so smooth, I have named it "Like Butta" (you know, Coffee Talk, SNL?). The build date for my car was May 2002, week 2.

Well, there are two issues that I was concerned about. The first was the noisy aux fan issue. The old part number (noisy fan) is 64-54-6-92-395. The new part number (quiet fan) is ...946. Thankfully, my car has the quiet fan!

Now, the sticky pedal issue. My car has pedal module part # 35-40-6-756-493. I have been told that the replacement part being installed to fix the sticky pedal problem is #35-40-6-762-480 and 35-40-6-756-719 (adapter plate). So it would appear that my car has the old, sticky pedal design. I have driven a car with a sticky pedal before, and my car's pedal is very very smooth right now, so I'm not concerned (yet).

Can you confirm the part #'s for the fix. I have an e-mail into BMWNA (Bill Stuart) but he's on vacation. As always, thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.

·
aka Chi-chi
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, other people are reporting different numbers

Including xxx-480, xxx-493, xxx-481. Is there a correct number, or have there been that many revisions to this part already?

·
aka Chi-chi
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, you can't have all the answers...

I've been researching the issue and have found that there are at least 8 part numbers floating around. The most common is xxx-480. I guess I'll just wait and see. No sense worrying about nothing. :)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Thanks, you can't have all the answers...

Cruzer said:
I've been researching the issue and have found that there are at least 8 part numbers floating around. The most common is xxx-480. I guess I'll just wait and see. No sense worrying about nothing. :)
I'm fairly sure that the numbers vary for step and manual because of the kick down. There may also be a difference between 2.5 and 3.0:dunno:

I get my new one next week so I'll post my number.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
noisy aux fan

I don't have a 530i I have a 01 330ci but I have the same problem with the loud aux fan(sounds like a jet taking off).Is it possible they have a quite fan for the 330ci.The shop foreman at the dealer says its normal . That the 530's and the x5 is much louder than mine and its normal.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Thanks, you can't have all the answers...

PM 325xiT said:

I'm fairly sure that the numbers vary for step and manual because of the kick down. There may also be a difference between 2.5 and 3.0:dunno:

I get my new one next week so I'll post my number.
I got part number 35-40-6-762-480 yesterday. For my 2002 325xiT Step. Silky smooth:thumbup:

I hadn't thought that mine was sticky again (I was on my second pedal) but after the install I could notice a nice improvement:)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
atyclb said:

I called my dealer on the 6th to schedule my appt./order the part and had it fixed on the 12th. :dunno:
My dealer had the part in and *forgot* to call me:mad: I only had to wait a week so I could get a loaner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts