BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed the shift, e-brake boot and armrests and am waiting for extra door panel clips (and a free weekend) before I jump into the door hockeystick fiesta.
I finally figured out the "Michigan" blue name, as in University of?? If that's the case, I'll change it to Penn State blue.
Anyway, the L-Z CD was excellent and the blue doesn't clash too bad with Montreal Blau exterior.

Gracias
:bigpimp:

HOCKEYSTICK UPDATE BELOW..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Hockeysticks

Looks great!

Let me know if you need some of the McMasterCarr push on locks for the hockeysticks. They are a lot easier to mess with than the soldering iron used in the video.

Andy

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
elfhearse said:
I finally figured out the "Michigan" blue name, as in University of?? If that's the case, I'll change it to Penn State blue.
Heheh. Looks great. Yes, "Michigan Blue" means my alma mater and University of. Consider the name changed to Penn State Blue from this day hence.

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Elf,

That looks great.
But you've got to get them to cover your console too;)
Just do the lid swap...

At HC, Sue saw the same one we have (MKI in gray with embroidered///) and thought that we should have a spare!

Next thing you know, she'll want an extra set of race wheels (hint, hint)

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lid swap may be in order but I'm not sure if there is any of the evil blue hide remaining.
Black leather would be ok second choice.

Andy: I think the cir-clips are a good idea. I would have to borrow my wife's soldering iron from the "Phone Company" and she hates it when I get plastic on it.
I'll PM you ... Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
wow!!!

that looks amazing!! what a great shade of blue...

ive been thinking of adding a blue shift boot ot my currently all black interior...that pic makes it even more tempting!! i love how the boot "grows" right into the shift knob!

great work guys...you have any other blue leather lying around similar to that??

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hockeystick UPDATE

Finally installed the door H-sticks. Used Ron S. site for the door panel removal and also had the Eastwood plastic door panel removal tool
Thanks to Andy M. for sending the metal push-on clips, they were a great help.

One tip for anyone trying to put the panel back on that's not clear in the BMW maint. manual :
Remove the upper door trim edging and install it on the door panel then place both pcs. back on the door edge at the top. Second pic. below shows the black trim I'm babbling about.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts