BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· ED Veteran
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 545in January for European Delivery, requesting a delivery date in July. My dealer informed me that he would not be able to confirm a pick-up date until April. Well, he still hasn't been able to confirm the pick-up date, saying he is waiting on a response from BMW NA. He emailed them last week, still no response. I wonder if any dealers can confirm if ED deliveries for July have been confirmed.

BTW Between "Ask a Dealer" and the "European Delivery" forum, I cannot tell you how much great information I have picked up. Thanks to all.

· mmm... carbs!
3,111 Posts
tsc01 said:
I ordered a 545in January for European Delivery, requesting a delivery date in July. My dealer informed me that he would not be able to confirm a pick-up date until April. Well, he still hasn't been able to confirm the pick-up date, saying he is waiting on a response from BMW NA. He emailed them last week, still no response. I wonder if any dealers can confirm if ED deliveries for July have been confirmed.

BTW Between "Ask a Dealer" and the "European Delivery" forum, I cannot tell you how much great information I have picked up. Thanks to all.
I'm having the same problem for an August E90 Euro Delivery. The dealer has contacted BMW with a date, but has not heard anything back. Kind of frustrating, because I really need to start shopping for airline tickets if I want a decent deal.

· Registered
579 Posts
Is the Luthansa 2 for 1 offer not a good deal on the tickets?

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/EuropeanDelivery/lufthansa.htm

I haven't priced them, but unless the coach prices on Lufthansa are double the coach prices elsewhere, this seems like the way to go. It's also 75% off the companion fare if you choose to go business class (though business class aint cheap)

· mmm... carbs!
3,111 Posts
adrian's bmw said:
You will not get an official BMW confirmation until allocation becomes available the month before your requested delivery date.
My car is usually built and waiting for me a month before my delivery date. I've had confirmation about two months before on my last two.

· Vendor
7,532 Posts
xspeedy said:
My car is usually built and waiting for me a month before my delivery date. I've had confirmation about two months before on my last two.
Oops, I meant two months. So for example, if you have a July delivery, allocation will come out in May for June builds. You're right. :thumbup:

· ED Veteran
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the replies. I guess I need to hold on for just a few more weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.