BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up our new 325i on July 12 in Munich, sparkling graphite with black leather.

Rolf met us at the airport (arranged via e-mail), and as reported, he was terrific. Thanks to Agent 99 and all the Bimmerfesters who recommended him!

The German beer guide in the sticky was very educational, thanks, Brewmaster!

We stayed at a very nice hotel in Munich that has FREE parking on premises, Hotel Uhland Garni. Here is the Frommer's review with a link to the Uhland website. Highly recommended! http://www.frommers.com/destinations/munich/H35348.html

We couldn't schedule a plant tour in Munich (they were booked up), but we were able to schedule a tour of the Dingolfing plant on our way to Vienna. A terrific tour, 2 1/2 hours and very substantive. Met a Bimmerfester and family from New Jersey on the tour, didn't write down his name.

My wife and I had a great time driving it for 1400 miles across Germany and Austria. When they tell you "don't go over 100 mph the first 1,000 miles" in Munich, it's not so funny. [But AFTER we passed 1,000 miles...]

New car should arrive in the US in a few more weeks... can't wait!
http://www.pbase.com/luxun54/image/64597349/medium.jpg

Attachments

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
luxun54, I don't see where you have been officially welcomed, so let me be the first. Welcome to the Fest! :beerchug:

We also stayed at Hotel Uhland and can second your recommendation. We had a great stay there. Most of the guests seemed to be German last October when we were there.

Look forward to seeing some more pics of your car and trip when you get the chance. :thumbup:

·
Happily Driving
7,205 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
luxun54 said:
...The German beer guide in the sticky was very educational, thanks, Brewmaster!.....]
Ahh... You've gotta love the bier!!!:thumbup: TASTE GREAT!!
Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing:D Got anymore pictures??:eeps:

beewang:bigpimp:

·
Registered
36 Posts
that was me and my family at the tour!!! (the one from NJ)

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ED "Welcome" sign

Hey, Splatmatic, thanks for posting the photo of the "Welcome" sign, I didn't even see it when we arrived for the tour in Dingolfing. Hope you and your family enjoyed your travels and driving as much as we did.

Did your car arrive yet? Ours reportedly arrived in the port in NJ on Aug. 23, but I am being told to expect it here around Sept 10.

·
Registered
36 Posts
we picked the 7er up on wensday the 30th... its been out of the garage once :D. we had loads of fun, but we didnt like italy as much as Germany. btw, if you want that picture with out the black bars across, ill pm it to you.

·
Registered
424 Posts
we picked the 7er up on wensday the 30th... its been out of the garage once :D. we had loads of fun, but we didnt like italy as much as Germany. btw, if you want that picture with out the black bars across, ill pm it to you.
why didn't you like Italy? Italy is beautiful, true, a little more hectic than Germany, but definitely beautiful and great food

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
why didn't you like Italy? Italy is beautiful, true, a little more hectic than Germany, but definitely beautiful and great food
Well, if he is blind, can't smell, can't taste, and has no sense of history or culture, I can see his point.

Edit: And, if I'm reading some of his past posts correctly, Splat is a teen. I would think he could fall in love with Italy on just hormones alone. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
lol! no, all of northern italy to me reminds me of going to NYC, dirty, err and other stuff. just not what I thought of italy, it was a big let down. now I DID enjoy rome with all the "history" and art snuff. Otherwise.. not my cup o tea. Germany waas great.

edit. also ate pizza every day, pasta or steak every night... go figure, a picky teen :D

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
lol! no, all of northern italy to me reminds me of going to NYC, dirty, err and other stuff. just not what I thought of italy, it was a big let down. now I DID enjoy rome with all the "history" and art snuff. Otherwise.. not my cup o tea. Germany waas great.

edit. also ate pizza every day, pasta or steak every night... go figure, a picky teen :D
Splat, did your family not find some of those windy country roads through Tuscany? They are a far cry from NYC, more like Upstate NY, but even more beautiful IMHO.

Attachments

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
beautiful pictures
Thank you. What memories they bring. How anyone would not want to do ED after hearing about it, I will never understand.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ED in 2010!!

Thank you. What memories they bring. How anyone would not want to do ED after hearing about it, I will never understand.
Agreed -- I am already thinking about another ED in 2010, and my '06 hasn't even arrived from the port yet!! LOL

On another note, and as a native and patriotic Brooklyn-ite (now transplanted), not sure that even I would compare Venice to NYC!! :rolleyes:

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts