BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apologies in advance for a very basic question, but...

the battery in my 2005 330xi died and i need to give it a jump. the car is all the way back in a driveway, so there isn't room for another car to come up near the hood for the jumper cables to reach. however, if i recall correctly, the battery is actually located in the trunk.

question: can i attach the jumper cables (positive only; negative i will have to ground somewhere) right to the battery in the trunk, like i used to do with my old honda accord, or is the only way to jump the car via the terminal under the hood. i would think the answer is yes, but maybe there is something i am missing.

if that doesn't work will need to try to push the car out of the driveway or get some pretty long jumper cables...

TIA

·
Instructor of the Stig™
7,237 Posts
apologies in advance for a very basic question, but...

the battery in my 2005 330xi died and i need to give it a jump. the car is all the way back in a driveway, so there isn't room for another car to come up near the hood for the jumper cables to reach. however, if i recall correctly, the battery is actually located in the trunk.

question: can i attach the jumper cables (positive only; negative i will have to ground somewhere) right to the battery in the trunk, like i used to do with my old honda accord, or is the only way to jump the car via the terminal under the hood. i would think the answer is yes, but maybe there is something i am missing.

if that doesn't work will need to try to push the car out of the driveway or get some pretty long jumper cables...

TIA
You have a positive terminal under your hood as well, just for this! It will have a black cap with a red + sign on it!

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts