BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks to all for taking the time to read this.
I am having a problem getting my wifes 1995 325 started. Car was not used for the previous 6 months. Yesterday we jump started the car with ease - battery is a year old. My wife drove the car around the area for about 10 minutes and when she turned the car off, she heard a clicking sound coming from behind the glovebox. The car is now completely dead and jump starting does nothing.
None of the interior lights come on, one window is open and rain is coming.

What should be my next step?

Thanks

CJEFFC

·
Registered
39 Posts
Uhh... Sounds like some kind of a relay maybe, but don't quote me on that. Did the car show any codes (check engine etc.) when she took it around the block? My point is that if the car is not getting power when you plug it in to jump, it has to be some kind of fuse/ relay that is blown and not letting the power get through. I'd start by checking all the fuses/ relays if they're not blown.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Hello and thanks to all for taking the time to read this.
I am having a problem getting my wifes 1995 325 started. Car was not used for the previous 6 months. Yesterday we jump started the car with ease - battery is a year old. My wife drove the car around the area for about 10 minutes and when she turned the car off, she heard a clicking sound coming from behind the glovebox. The car is now completely dead and jump starting does nothing.
None of the interior lights come on, one window is open and rain is coming.

What should be my next step?

Thanks

CJEFFC
Well the first step would be to go here and post your question. If I interpret it right you have an E36 325i and questions about this car should be posted there for a better shot at getting answered quicker.
Welcome to the 'fest. :)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97

1 - 3 of 3 Posts