BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the first or third heat want to give me a ride?

Anyone not in the second heat want to go for a ride?

Would like to see how some of you do things and get comments on what I'm doing (wrong?)

·
10,856 Posts
I'm certainly not pulling them. Not until I get some experience, anyhow. :D

·
10,856 Posts
Sadly, I'm also in the second heat, otherwise, we could exchange comments. :cry:

·
10,856 Posts
nate328Ci said:

How often is it that TWO 325XiT's will be at an auto-x, much less the same heat? :p
And both manual, too! :yikes:

G

·
I'm in the bottom of the first heat. You're very welcome to ride with me, although I'm not sure how much you'll learn. I did get new tires last weekend (S-03s) so I have no idea how they'll perform. They're better, grippier tires, but they are also new with tall tread blocks.

·
10,856 Posts
nate328Ci said:

:yikes: :yikes:

I want pictures of your car at full tilt! :thumb:
Someone had better take some. :) I need a new sig. :D
I'll have my new digital camera (Fuji Finepix S2 or Nikon D100) by the next auto-x, so hopefully there'll be some pictures then. :)

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:
I'm in the bottom of the first heat. You're very welcome to ride with me, although I'm not sure how much you'll learn. I did get new tires last weekend (S-03s) so I have no idea how they'll perform. They're better, grippier tires, but they are also new with tall tread blocks.
You got the S-03s?

How long ago?

They are good :thumb:

·
10,856 Posts
Make sure you get some of me, too, TD. ;)

G

·
nate328Ci said:

You got the S-03s?

How long ago?

They are good :thumb:
I *could* pick on you for not reading my post, but I won't. I said I got them last weekend. It is too early for me to post any comments as it hasn't been that long AND I only re-torqued to lugs tonight to eliminate the shake that I felt from the front after the install. They do seem like they have great grip, but the shake was driving me nuts. I also had to reduce my daily-driving tire pressure (from 40F 38R to 38F 36R) as these tires are MUCH firmer than the Contis. I am sure I'll bump the pressure backup, but, combined with the shake, I could feel the vibration through my seat. I only got around to doing the re-torque tonight but taking air out only took a couple of minutes a few days ago and it helped reduce the vibration. By Saturday (in advance of the autox) my pressures will be back up to 40F 38R, especially if the shake truly is gone. My post-re-torque test drive told me it was, but I'll know for sure after my commute tomorrow.

·
10,856 Posts
I can bring batteries and another couple cards, too. :thumb:

I'm tempted to bring my film camera... Nikon N90s with 80-200/2.8... Shall I?

G

·
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
I can bring batteries and another couple cards, too. :thumb:

I'm tempted to bring my film camera... Nikon N90s with 80-200/2.8... Shall I?
If you want to, feel free. But the "BIG card" holds (I forget the exact number) well over 100 pics. I think that covers us. I just need webspace to post the good ones. I guess I'll have to take down my drivers school write-up that's hogging my Bimmerfest webspace.

·
10,856 Posts
Only thing about digital cameras is that they're slow... I'll bring it. Why the hell not, eh?

·
10,856 Posts
TD said:

If you want to, feel free. But the "BIG card" holds (I forget the exact number) well over 100 pics. I think that covers us. I just need webspace to post the good ones. I guess I'll have to take down my drivers school write-up that's hogging my Bimmerfest webspace.
I'll host 'em if you want. I have about 40MBs free right now.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

I *could* pick on you for not reading my post, but I won't. I said I got them last weekend. It is too early for me to post any comments as it hasn't been that long AND I only re-torqued to lugs tonight to eliminate the shake that I felt from the front after the install. They do seem like they have great grip, but the shake was driving me nuts. I also had to reduce my daily-driving tire pressure (from 40F 38R to 38F 36R) as these tires are MUCH firmer than the Contis. I am sure I'll bump the pressure backup, but, combined with the shake, I could feel the vibration through my seat. I only got around to doing the re-torque tonight but taking air out only took a couple of minutes a few days ago and it helped reduce the vibration. By Saturday (in advance of the autox) my pressures will be back up to 40F 38R, especially if the shake truly is gone. My post-re-torque test drive told me it was, but I'll know for sure after my commute tomorrow.
I'm an idiot, I can't believe that I missed that :tsk:

Anyway, yes, they are a hell of a lot stiffer than any tire that i have seen. Did you get to see the sidewall firmness before you put them on? Inflexible :yikes:

did you torque them to the specs that I posted in the 3er forum? :thumb:

edit: as for tire pressures, I go about 40F/41R on my tires at auto-x. Not bad....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.