BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking with all this closeout selling of the 330i's since the E90s coming out, would i be able to do a straight trade of my 04 325ci for a 04 slightly used or 05 new 330i?

·
10,856 Posts
dankykev04 said:
i was thinking with all this closeout selling of the 330i's since the E90s coming out, would i be able to do a straight trade of my 04 325ci for a 04 slightly used or 05 new 330i?
Let's just put it this way:

If dealers are selling 330s at firesale prices, how much do you think this depresses the value of your 325?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i figured they woudl want to get rid of the sedans, but the new coupes arent out yet

·
10,856 Posts
dankykev04 said:
i figured they woudl want to get rid of the sedans, but the new coupes arent out yet
Just because BMW doesn't have massive rebates on the coupes doesn't mean that they aren't affected. ESPECIALLY used ones.

·
Registered
338 Posts
you seriously think the dealer would swap your used 325i for a brand new 330i?
I don't see the logic.
Even with heavy incentives, a used 325 will always be worth less.
Now perhaps it is a good time to buy said 330 and trade in the 325 if you want to come up with more $...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry, too much pot today guys

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Let's just put it this way:

If dealers are selling 330s at firesale prices, how much do you think this depresses the value of your 325?
You would think so, but I haven't noticed used 325i prices dropping, it's rather that 330 prices are dropping close to 325 prices.

Obvously not a straight up trade, but he might be able to move for only say, $5-6k. Plus tax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts