BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I didn't get boned on the price.
It is certified preowned with 13,000 miles and I paid 38,250.

It has zenon lights, heated seats, luxury package and cd player.
It's swartz 2 (black) with red seats...

I looked all over Florida for one and could not find another one...

Did I get murdered on the price..

I know I got murdered on the Rocks chips !!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm actually really pissed.. They must have covered up the chips. I only saw one when I bought it. It rained the next day and when it dried there where like 30 of them.. I went back today and they said..oh those where there.. ACK !!!!!!!

I wanted a black one ..I guess I had to pay the price.. Jeesh

Wonder what the normal price is.. On cars.com they all seem to be 41-42k.. They where asking 42k

:mad:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This reminds me of a very mild version of that e36 m3 lawsuit they had some time ago. The car was registered and sold as new (it was estoril blue), and the car was actually recovered from a total loss. Moral in the story is, CPO's should be pretty much immculate coming off the lot, and you should get your fair share of the deal. I raised hell when the service dept put a 1" scratch on my hood after washing it. It hasn't looked the same since, but it's better than rusting. As far as the price, I got the greatest deal possible for my car, so I guess that sounds high to me. You are in FL after all. :dunno:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugg

I bought it last Friday.

A buddy of mine at another bmw dealership told me that he just bought a 2001 330ci cabrio for the lot for 40k.. His price.. I dunno

He might have been bsing me..

So pissed about the damn rock chips...

This is my third BMW and I never had any problems with my other ones..

I would expect more from a BMW dealer.. I feel like I just went to a used car lot.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
From my knowledge there is no law on that kind of deal. You probably signed everything there is to sign, so you may hear some shit back from them saying you should have been knowledgeable of this and that. I would take a friendly approach first, and if there is no feedback, talk it over with your lawyer maybe?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Am I totally paranoid ?

I just pulled a carfax on this car and this is what came up.

2001 Bmw 3-Series Base Model
Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
03/31/01 MONTVALE, NJ MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
04/18/01 MONTVALE, NJ 10 MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. TITLE
10/09/01 EASTERN REGION 12,233 AUTO AUCTION ANNOUNCEMENT

The damn dealer told me this was an BMW executive car and was a local car.. New Jersey is not REAL local to Florida !! Now I understand the rock chips. I just went and looked under the car when I saw this... Rusted calipers.. Jesus.. I just wrote BMW.

Did they get this thing at auction ? Is that what that carfax is saying >??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
10,856 Posts
I hate to say, but you probably could have had a NEW one for about the same price.

Research before buying, people!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I just checked www.bmwusa.com, and a 2002 325cic with the options you mentioned is $42,125.00 with manual. Auto add another $1275.00

Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com) doesn't have info for the 2001 325cic yet, but the 2000 323cic with 13K, private party sale, is $34,300.00, but this is kinda misleading since it doesn't represent what a dealer would ask, and your car is only 1 year old not 2.

I toyed with the idea of getting a 325 convert. But man, those things are PRICEY!!

btw - th carfax: looks like the car got repo'd.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Am I totally paranoid ?

Jimmymac said:
I just pulled a carfax on this car and this is what came up.

2001 Bmw 3-Series Base Model
Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
03/31/01 MONTVALE, NJ MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
04/18/01 MONTVALE, NJ 10 MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. TITLE
10/09/01 EASTERN REGION 12,233 AUTO AUCTION ANNOUNCEMENT

The damn dealer told me this was an BMW executive car and was a local car.. New Jersey is not REAL local to Florida !! Now I understand the rock chips. I just went and looked under the car when I saw this... Rusted calipers.. Jesus.. I just wrote BMW.

Did they get this thing at auction ? Is that what that carfax is saying >??? :mad: :mad: :mad:
Don't let the NJ registration bother you. Montvale is the corporate HQ site so it is most likely a exec. car.

Quick search of CPOs within 150 miles of where I am found 2 01 325cic asking price for both in 43K range so I would think you didn't get the big monty:dunno: Remember too that this is prime cab season so prices are up. Plus CPO cost them ~1k too.

My .02 get them to fix the chips and enjoy the car:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is a good price for a 2001/2002 used 330 ci? I purchased my 2001 330ci new last year and paid close to $40k for it but i don't know much about used vehicles. I have friend that is in the market for one and thought i would ask. He wants one with under 30k miles on it with the usual option, Prem., SP, etc.

thanks

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Am I totally paranoid ?

johnlew said:

Isn't it always prime cab season in Sarasota, Fla.?
Duh *phil hanging head low for making stupid statement*

It is prime season in PA though:)

·
5,820 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I totally paranoid ?

PM 325xiT said:

Duh *phil hanging head low for making stupid statement*

It is prime season in PA though:)
Here too, Milw. Wisc. Great to get the hardtop off and drop that top. Yesterday was heaven, about 78, dry and sunny.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Just did a search on cars.com

This is what came up

Looks like the prices nation wide are between 43k-38,250

The lowest price at a BMW dealership nationwide is Open Road BMW for 40,995

I did a black book value on it. They where the only ones with 2001 prices on it and this is what came up.

2001 BMW 3-SERIES
Base Original MSRP: $35,990
Body Style: CONVERTIBLE 325CIC
Mileage: 13,600
Equipment Adjustment: $175
Back

Condition Trade-In Value Retail Value
Extra Clean N/A $41,525
Clean $36,610 $40,725
Average $35,175 $38,475
Rough $30,065 $35,600

So maybe I didn't get such a bad deal.. I know two other black convertibles sold in Florida the first day on the lot... because I was going to go look at them and they both where sold when I got there. Considering that it is COP that has got to put it at the highest price. That and I can't get another one in Florida.

As for the rock chips.. I might be totaly anal here.. When I say rock chips..I'm not talking huge ones.. I mean like 15 little tiny tiny ones the size of a pin head on the lower hood.

I'll guess I'll be seeing if the Lanka works. I'll post pics of it.

Anyways.. it's my 4th BMW .. Had an 84 320 in Germany.
1987 L-7 here in the states and a 1995 525 in Berlin.

I guess at the end of the day..I'd pay 5k more for a bimmer..cause I love em.. What's my alternative ? A Lexus ? I don't think so... I'm loyal to BMW... They only other car that really got me going was my 1969 corvette. Bought it for 4k in 1985 and traded it for the 320 in Germany... LOL Like I said.. I love Bimmers..

Live and learn

I'm sure you guys will help me get this puppy into top shape !!

Nice to find a group of fanatics to talk about this with !!!:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts