BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
You Lick It, You Own It
Joined
·
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now if anyone knows any good transporter that can get it from FL to NJ, let me know.

i'll post pictures when i get it and change the god aweful rims. got it at a good price because of the rims.

if anyone knows anything about the 500E, post away... :D for those that don't know, i basically bought a Porsche in a Mercedes shell.
 

·
in HIS hands :)
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
chivas said:
now if anyone knows any good transporter that can get it from FL to NJ, let me know.

i'll post pictures when i get it and change the god aweful rims. got it at a good price because of the rims.

if anyone knows anything about the 500E, post away... :D for those that don't know, i basically bought a Porsche in a Mercedes shell.
hey, congrats!! i know those boxy 500e mercs! that's a very affordable collectible - it was very subtly distinguished form its lesser brethren by the muscular fender flares...wouldve bought a car like that except i was pretty broke in the early 90s :)

that, or for a cool 170k or so, the amg hammer wagon!

definitely post some pics, chivas.

jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
aw/ir02smg said:
hey, congrats!! i know those boxy 500e mercs! that's a very affordable collectible - it was very subtly distinguished form its lesser brethren by the muscular fender flares...wouldve bought a car like that except i was pretty broke in the early 90s :)

that, or for a cool 170k or so, the amg hammer wagon!

definitely post some pics, chivas.

jack
Sweet ride, eventhough its a Merc :thumbup:
BTW - I love the fenders on that model too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
chivas said:
now if anyone knows any good transporter that can get it from FL to NJ, let me know.

i'll post pictures when i get it and change the god aweful rims. got it at a good price because of the rims.

if anyone knows anything about the 500E, post away... :D for those that don't know, i basically bought a Porsche in a Mercedes shell.
What engine's in the 500E?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
I know what those are - a Super-Wolf in sheepskin. Basically, here's what Mercedes did: stuff a powerful 322-horsepower 5.0L V-8 32-valves off of a 500SL/500SEL in to a light and battleship-strong W124 chassis, and only flare the fenders, add side skirts, airdam, drop it 1-inch. Results? A comfortable, everyday car that accelerates to 60 MPH in 5.5 seconds, 1/4 mile in 14.1 seconds at an amazing 101 MPH!!! And all the way to 155 MPH. And never get noticed by the cops. 92 and 93 models have 300mm front discs off a 500SL, 94 models have 320mm front discs off a 600SL. All of them had 500SL 277mm rear discs.
In stock form, it can maybe beat 540i sport - amazing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
But...

It's not a BMW, as we have come to KNOW and LOVE....talk to me Brethren...LOL:rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
chivas said:
now if anyone knows any good transporter that can get it from FL to NJ, let me know.

i'll post pictures when i get it and change the god aweful rims. got it at a good price because of the rims.

if anyone knows anything about the 500E, post away... :D for those that don't know, i basically bought a Porsche in a Mercedes shell.
Great car - superb machine!!! Not to be rude, but make sure you have plenty of spare cash laying around. These bad boys aren't cheap. But man, it's an awesome machine.
 

·
You Lick It, You Own It
Joined
·
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rlwilliams3 said:
It's not a BMW, as we have come to KNOW and LOVE....talk to me Brethren...LOL:rofl:
after owning the Sportline, i have grown a liking (it's almost an obsession) with MB's. the BMW is nice but the Benz is just in a completely different league.

Laszlo said:
Great car - superb machine!!! Not to be rude, but make sure you have plenty of spare cash laying around. These bad boys aren't cheap. But man, it's an awesome machine.
yeah... so's the 540 but properly maintained one isn't that bad. again, timing chain. i'm a big fan of timing chains. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
The early 90's MB have a reputation for having problems with the wireing harneses. Somthing about them deteriorating in the heat of the engine compartment.

In the MB Forums they reccomend pre-purchase inspections of the harness as replacing them is said to be very expensive.

I hope you checked this out.
 

·
You Lick It, You Own It
Joined
·
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sph17 said:
The early 90's MB have a reputation for having problems with the wireing harneses. Somthing about them deteriorating in the heat of the engine compartment.

In the MB Forums they reccomend pre-purchase inspections of the harness as replacing them is said to be very expensive.

I hope you checked this out.
yeah.. i heard about that.

anyone in Ft Laud FL wanna give this car a test drive and a once over for me? :D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top