BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 525i with 137k miles for 6k it has a few problems that i need some help with. Leaks oil form VCG with i done before on my e39, there's also a leak by the front right of the manifold what could it be? It has a noise coming from the ac tensioner(I was told by the seller) witch goes away after 1000 rpms, I will post a video later. It idles a little rough in gear while at a stop light or in traffic, I was thinking of putting sea foam in the gas tank what else may help it?

Thank you:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Before you seafoam it, start with a basic: Fill with premium, add a bottle of Techron, take it on the highway and run it for 10 minutes at 5000 rpm (use a lower gear). Do that every other day for a week. Add another tank of premium and Techron, and run the tank down.

Then see if it runs/idles well. In the meantime, new 0-40 LL-01 Mobil1 and filter.

People use crap gas and never lean on the engine enough. This'll clean out accumulated crap and the injectors.

The above cleared up my rough idle. BTW, read "so you just bought an E60" in the top sticky.

I don't believe many folks around here think Seafoam is the right stuff to put in a BMW engine.

·
tappa tappa toit
4,727 Posts
I personally think techron is better than sea foam in the GAS TANK. Maybe changing spark plugs would help rough idling.
Yes, I would check your spark plugs at that mileage. Maybe they were never changed.

You should probably also replace your tensioners and the belt

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts