BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, I am new to the forum.

I just got out of an Infiniti G37 coupe and into my first BMW !

I brought myself a 2011 535i white exterior with oyster/black interior.
It have Premium package 1
-Ambiance Light, Garage door etc.
And Premium package 2
-premium sound, iPod adapter,Sat radio,navi,rear view camera,heated seats,power rear sunshade.

All for $49000 before taxes; MSRP $57925. About $9k off.

Before I brought this car, I test drove a 2012 one and I notice my car is missing couple of features. I know the auto stop-start is exclusive for 2012 but there are couple of other things too.

I notice I am missing the touch button on the driver door handle. If that is the case, than how do I unlock and lock the door without taking the keys out of my pocket?

Also, my car doesn't have automatic power trunk. Is that only for 2012 too?

And the doors doesn't have automatic soft shut and the seat belts doesn't self latch.

Oh and I don't have the comfort and sport button next to the shifter which I notice it's on all 2012 5 series. Also missing is the function to adjust chassis and suspensions.

I am missing the more conformable and adjustable headrest too.

Do all these things come in packages? or are they 2012 models only?

Thank you all for your help!

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
Oops looks like you forgot some key options:

1) The button to switch between comfort and sport modes is part of the optional sport package or M-Sport package on 2011 models. You don't have that option which means you are missing on ability to adjust throttle/gearbox settings and suspension settings. On 2012 models, the button to adjust throttle/gearbox settings is standard, but it doesn't affect suspension unless you have a Sport/M-Sport package.

2) The keyless entry, power trunk and keyless entry are part of the convenience package which you also don't have.

3) The more comfortable headrest is part of either the sport package, ventilated seats package or luxury seating package all of which include the comfort multi-contour seats.

4) None of the models have self-latching seat-belts. I don't even know how that would work!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

1) The button to switch between comfort and sport modes is part of the optional sport package or M-Sport package on 2011 models. You don't have that option which means you are missing on ability to adjust throttle/gearbox settings and suspension settings. On 2012 models, the button to adjust throttle/gearbox settings is standard, but it doesn't affect suspension unless you have a Sport/M-Sport package.

2) The keyless entry, power trunk and keyless entry are part of the convenience package which you also don't have.

3) The more comfortable headrest is part of either the sport package, ventilated seats package or luxury seating package all of which include the comfort multi-contour seats.

4) None of the models have self-latching seat-belts. I don't even know how that would work!
Awwww, I just brought the car as whatever it comes with. Didn't know it was missing that many stuff from the test car.

1) So how does that affect my sport mode? Does that mean my gearbox/suspension won't change in sports mode? Only the throttle will change?

2)Awww darn I thought keyless entry would be standard for a car this expensive. What is the point of having keyless start if you still have to take your darn keys out lol! Can I still add that on there?

3)I see I guess I don't need those.

4) That is odd. The test model 528i I drove had self-latching seat belts. The seat belts just automatically tighten itself when I put it on. Maybe only for 2012 models?

·
Read Only
995 Posts
looks like someone just showed up at the dealership without doing their research. Unlike other manufacturers, there is so much information on bimmerfest for BMW owners or potential BMW owners.

You should have came here first. I know of a person who turned their lease in on Saturday for a 2011 328i. I expressed to her that she could have extended her lease and opted for a 2012 328i and showed her the autocar review.

Needless to say she has some buyer's remorse.

No matter how many times I refer people to Bimmerfest or a sponsor, they just don't listen.

With all of that said, congrats on your purchase and enjoy. Thats not a bad price, just should have gotten the sport package.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts

That button is only there if you get Sport AND Dynamic Handling.

He can still adjust the throttle / gearbox by putting the shifter into S.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
we have to change the gears manually if we put it in to D/S right?
No. Not unless you bump it fore or aft. Just moving left will engage the sport mode which will quicken shifts, make the throttle pedal more sensitive and raise shift points.

·
Alpina Addict
1,362 Posts
If that is the case, than how do I unlock and lock the door without taking the keys out of my pocket?
Easy: Reach in your pocket, feel for the right button on the fob with your fingertip and press it from within the pocket. :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Easy: Reach in your pocket, feel for the right button on the fob with your fingertip and press it from within the pocket. :D
Thats what I do. Comfort Access is overrated. Im just sayin

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
4) That is odd. The test model 528i I drove had self-latching seat belts. The seat belts just automatically tighten itself when I put it on. Maybe only for 2012 models?
The latching is when you put the buckle in the latch. You mean self-tightening.

I didn't know the BMW 2012 had that, but if it does, I'm sure my car has it. I don't recall from my ED trip.

I do remember Jaguar has this feature where if you put the car in Dynamic Mode, it tightens the belts and pulls you back into your seat. It's a very nice feature. If the BMW does that I'd be glad.

·
Over 20 years owning BMWs
720 Posts
I've had my 2012 for about a month and over 2000 miles and have not noticed the self-tightening of the seat belts... maybe I need to pay more attention.:dunno:

·
East Coast Commuter
4,674 Posts
Thats what I do. Comfort Access is overrated. Im just sayin
Agreed. I have had 3 comfort access cars and now have two without. I can say from experience that it is grossly overrated and to pay 1000 for it is just stupid. I would buy nav or premium sound before I purchased comfort access again.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks like someone just showed up at the dealership without doing their research. Unlike other manufacturers, there is so much information on bimmerfest for BMW owners or potential BMW owners.
Yeah I should of done some researches. There are so many different options and combination of equipments in BMW comparing to other car brands.

From price point of view i think it is a good deal he almost got it for ED price....
Congrats OP...

you should have some spent some time here before you pulled the trigger any ways enjoy your car
Yeah it took me 3 days before I got it down to this price. I annoyed the hell out of the dealership lol. :rofl:

That button is only there if you get Sport AND Dynamic Handling.

He can still adjust the throttle / gearbox by putting the shifter into S.
Nice! At least it's not like in my Infiniti where sports mode only changes the throttle and nothing else. :thumbup:

LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE GOT! It's gorgeous, and you got a good price. There are a lot of people with G's that would trade you in a minute, even though they may have a feature or two you don't. John
Thanks! I am very happy with the trade. This car is gorgeous.

The latching is when you put the buckle in the latch. You mean self-tightening.

I didn't know the BMW 2012 had that, but if it does, I'm sure my car has it. I don't recall from my ED trip.
I am not sure which test model they gave me. But I am 100% sure the tester car I drove had that. :/

Agreed. I have had 3 comfort access cars and now have two without. I can say from experience that it is grossly overrated and to pay 1000 for it is just stupid. I would buy nav or premium sound before I purchased comfort access again.
That is very true. At least I saved myself a grand by doing this.

Thank you all for your respond ! You guys are very helpful. :thumbup:

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Unless you have it.:)
Honestly I dont see the point especially now since you dont need the fob in the ignition. I will say this it should be all or nothing. Either make the whole thing keyless or nothing at all.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Regarding Comfort Access, since they are already half where there, they should just make it standard. For me, Convenience was a must have option.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hello guys, I am new to the forum.

I just got out of an Infiniti G37 coupe and into my first BMW !

I brought myself a 2011 535i white exterior with oyster/black interior.
It have Premium package 1
-Ambiance Light, Garage door etc.
And Premium package 2
-premium sound, iPod adapter,Sat radio,navi,rear view camera,heated seats,power rear sunshade.

All for $49000 before taxes; MSRP $57925. About $9k off.

Before I brought this car, I test drove a 2012 one and I notice my car is missing couple of features. I know the auto stop-start is exclusive for 2012 but there are couple of other things too.

I notice I am missing the touch button on the driver door handle. If that is the case, than how do I unlock and lock the door without taking the keys out of my pocket?

Also, my car doesn't have automatic power trunk. Is that only for 2012 too?

And the doors doesn't have automatic soft shut and the seat belts doesn't self latch.

Oh and I don't have the comfort and sport button next to the shifter which I notice it's on all 2012 5 series. Also missing is the function to adjust chassis and suspensions.

I am missing the more conformable and adjustable headrest too.

Do all these things come in packages? or are they 2012 models only?

Thank you all for your help!

New Century BMW in Alhambra?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.