Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery on a 06 530xi sports wagon. Had a 2.7t allroad and I must say the new beamer is soo much fun to drive. Above all, the thing I like the best about the 530 is the handling. I've always known BMWs have great handling but the steering feel was beyond my expectations!!!! Although it is a wagon it still drives like a sedan and I'm so impressed!!

and the iDrive that car magazines continually bash is not that bad!!!

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,010 Posts
:thumbup: :banana: :guitar:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!!!

I also have a 2.7t allroad, which will be going back as soon as my ED 530xiT arrives. I put 1200 miles on mine in Europe and I agree that its tons of fun to drive. Much better handling than the allroad, but I think I might miss the torque of the 2.7t motor. From what I've heard, it takes several thousand miles before the BMW 6 "loosens up."

I also agree about the i-drive. I was scared to death of it after all the negative reviews - but after about an hour I felt totally comfortable.

Also, we had 3 snowstorms on our ED trip - I think you will find the xiT is as good as the allroad in inclement weather.

Good luck with the car!!!!!! I miss mine and can wait to be "reunited"

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats!

We also have a 530xiT that we picked up through Euro-Delivery and received in September. It's my wife's car and she absolutely loves it. She's coming from driving an Acura MDX, so it's a big change for her. She had always been jealous of my 5-series having the perfect combination of luxury and performance.

It handles and rides so well she even tolerates the I-Drive weirdness like the radio not shutting off when she turns off the key, blank screen, etc.

Can you imagine how much more love there would be if BMW hired some people who actually knew how to write and test software??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congratulations...you will just keep on love your new car more and more! I've had my 530xi for just a little over two weeks now, and no other car I've owned has come close to providing the sheer driving enjoyment I get out of this BMW - it's as near to perfect as I think I'll ever find...and you're absolutely right...the idrive is actually very useful and user friendly - the horror stories that are being perpetuated are just not true!!!

Any pics to show us?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we just had a snow storm so its disgracefully covered in salt....i'm going to give it a nice wash and zaino it within the week...then ill post a pic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts