BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I've got a F11 2012 520d Auto and had it coded yesterday.

I can now read e-mails and texts in full on the move.
The fog lights come on with the welcome lights.
The headlights don't come on as DRL's, just the LED angel rings (my lights are halogen).
The stop/start automatically remembers the state is was previously in rather an defaulting to always on.
The dash now displays the gear I am in when I put the auto box in 'S' mode, ie S1/S2 etc, rather than just 'S'. (PS ths is the regular auto box rather than the sports auto box).

And I can also bring up this nifty little graphic on the central screen telling me what bhp and Nm the car is producing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex3LD9kIOYY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sincere thanks to the chap that did this for me.

· Registered
521 Posts
All,

I've got a F11 2012 520d Auto and had it coded yesterday.

I can now read e-mails and texts in full on the move.
The fog lights come on with the welcome lights.
The headlights don't come on as DRL's, just the LED angel rings (my lights are halogen).
The stop/start automatically remembers the state is was previously in rather an defaulting to always on.
The dash now displays the gear I am in when I put the auto box in 'S' mode, ie S1/S2 etc, rather than just 'S'. (PS ths is the regular auto box rather than the sports auto box).

And I can also bring up this nifty little graphic on the central screen telling me what bhp and Nm the car is producing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex3LD9kIOYY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sincere thanks to the chap that did this for me.
Glad you are happy with the coding, but please don't read emails and texts in full on the move. If you are driving.

· Premium Member
6,932 Posts
Glad you are happy with the coding, but please don't read emails and texts in full on the move. If you are driving.
That's okay, he's already driving on the wrong side of the road. :rofl:

Seriously, I had my car coded and couldn't be happier with the changes.

BTW, we have a coding forum here at the Fest: BMW Coding and Programming

· Registered
4 Posts
A900ss / gspannu.
looks like you guys have got to grips with E-sys..
I have a F11 520d and will be having a go at the above and trying to convert the ugly egg yolk front indicators to LED.
any clues and pointers most welcome?

Cheers
Ash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.