BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tischer BMW of Silver Spring, MD. Was quoted over $100 to do a scope to reset the iDrive oil change notification. I can do that myself from the info learned here. I told them no way, but they reset it anyway. :) I'm assuming my SA doesn't know. :rofl: Car drives a lot smoother now, and the transmission isn't as jumpy.

Also quoted me $160 for brake fluid flush.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
$129 sounds about right for an oil change. Did they want an additional $100 to reset the indicator? That dosen't sound right. It is included in the $129.00. It takes them 30 seconds to reset the computer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$129 sounds about right for an oil change. Did they want an additional $100 to reset the indicator? That dosen't sound right. It is included in the $129.00. It takes them 30 seconds to reset the computer.
Thats what I thought. He called it a "scope" to reset the mileage indicator so I would know when the next oil change was due, and yes they wanted an ADDITIONAL $100+. I had heard people here talk about reseting it yourself, so I told him I didn't need it done.

I am going back in 2 weeks to get my brake fluid flushed. Is the brake fluid reset procedure the same as the oil change reset, except I keep hitting the button until I see brake something? :dunno: Hopefully they will reset that one too without me paying for it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
no, the scope is something else. maybe ur SA didnt know what it was. the scope is a visual inspection of things such as brakes, tire tread/air pressure, air filters, etc... basically anything that they can see visually and then try to get u to do. the reset of an oil change notification is included in the price of an oil change. i just had mine done about a month ago and i was told of the "scope" too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, the scope is something else. maybe ur SA didnt know what it was. the scope is a visual inspection of things such as brakes, tire tread/air pressure, air filters, etc... basically anything that they can see visually and then try to get u to do. the reset of an oil change notification is included in the price of an oil change. i just had mine done about a month ago and i was told of the "scope" too.
That bastard :mad: He knew what a scope was, he was just trying to get me to get it done. After I told him I didn't want the scope he told me that the iDrive notification of oil change needed wouldn't turn back green and I would have to remember when to get another oil change. He never said anything about visually checking other things. Could he be that stupid that he didn't know what it was? :dunno: I will ask him how long he has been working there next time I visit, but that sounds like something he should know, I think he was just trying to get over. :tsk:

·
Registered
353 Posts
You got your oil changed and now your transmission feels smoother:loco:

That has got to be in your head!

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
I don't see why anyone with our cars would need a scope for $100. The idrive tells you when you need things. Dealers tell you this over and over while under warranty (like when you want the oil changed regardless of the interval), but as soon as you are off warranty they want to scope things out.

Yes, the brake fluid flush will include a reset of the computer. Sounds more like your SA didn't know what he was talking about vs. trying for a money grab.

·
Wilassasin
2,614 Posts
I only paid $69.00 at my dealer here in Jersey. Wow u guys are paying $129.00 for oil changes??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts