BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,466 Posts
Heck yeah! Nice. I hit 100k last summer (currently at 103k). It's a bittersweet moment, that's for sure.

Are you going to do anything for your car to celebrate? Maybe give her a waxing or shampoo the carpets? Birthday cake?

·
I like pie.
3,747 Posts
Heck yeah! Nice. I hit 100k last summer (currently at 103k). It's a bittersweet moment, that's for sure.
Dude.... I bought my car in August with 226K, it now has 238K. I did about half of what you've done to get to and from the Rally to Restore Sanity and/ or Fear (from Chicago).

Are you going to do anything for your car to celebrate? Maybe give her a waxing or shampoo the carpets? Birthday cake?
Cooling system overhaul?, Brakes?. I'm not sure if it would like cake.

·
Registered
12,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

She got a nice overall detailing, including an engine compartment scrub......

Cooling system overhaul?, Brakes?. I'm not sure if it would like cake.

Did the overhaul (water pump, hoses, belts, thermostat, new fan and clutch) last November. Brembo brake rotors and Akebono Euro pads in August last year. Struts and shocks (Konis) done in '09 and only have about 10K on them, and front control arms and bushings done about same time. RTABs seem to still be OK but I'm expecting them to be the next big project. Subframe mounts in good shape, no cracks.

She's got an auto tranny, but the fluids been changed regularly, so I'm hoping it will live another 50K or so. When it's done she's getting converted to a manual, possibly a 6 speed.

Compression is good on all 6 cylinders and she's not using any oil.

I'm hoping I get to just drive her and enjoy for a while!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts