Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it; after lots of searching I've joined the e39 family with a new (to me) 2003 530i. Ended up with a great black/black vehicle that has the cold weather/premium/sport packages as well as xenon headlights and parking sensors.

The car has service records, has been well maintained, and only 88k on the odometer.

I'm planning to continue this thing's excellent service history and I hope to drive it for a while.

First purchases will be some winter tires and something to integrate my iPhone (thinking the Bavarian soundwerks setup). After that I believe I have a service I coming up and then I plan to do the cooling system and transmission/differential at 100K. I believe there is also a very small leak at the oil filter housing and a couple of small parts on the rear suspension that need some attention so that is on the list as well.

I've got a 10 hr drive to Canada coming up and looking forward to enjoying the car.

Wish me luck!

Pics soon after I have a chance to wash the recent rain off.

·
Registered
15,514 Posts
Germany to Canada? You'll need a ship! It's more like a week from there, at least.

Buy a copy of Bimmer magazine, and ask Mike Miller for his Old Fashioned Maintenance Schedule.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good catch, I'll need to update my location and garage. Just moved from Berlin to DC so it's not quite as long of a trip!

I'll get the magazine and the maintanence schedule.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Congrats. We all want pictures for every introduction.

·
Registered
6,916 Posts
Welcome to the Fest. If you DIY, this is the place to be. And consider replacing your Vanos seals and upgrading your DISA valve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts