BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my 2011 X3 35i and decided to switch over to the X4. I know what the problem areas were on the X3 over time, just wondering what issues the X4 tends to have across the board? Excited to have a new whip coming in October!

·
Registered
2022 X4 M40i
93 Posts
Sold my 2011 X3 35i and decided to switch over to the X4. I know what the problem areas were on the X3 over time, just wondering what issues the X4 tends to have across the board? Excited to have a new whip coming in October!
I just ordered mine the other day. I am coming from an X1, and really wanted an upgrade (and am now in a position to afford it). BMW's always have quirks in the way they are built and the way the options are configured. But I always feel that no one does the combination of style, drivetrain and handling like BMW. I often drive a friend's 2021 MB GLE 350. Such a yawn. Spec'ing an MB GLC 43 to match the M40i features costs $10K more. The Macan even more. The Q5 sportback looks really boring (but I have never really like Audi's). So hopefully whatever shortcomings we will get in our M40i's will not be enough to sour our purchase :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well order just went into production and they deleted the shadow line trim, HK sound system and substituted 20” Msport high performance run flats for the 19” all seasons. Also passenger lumbar support and digital key Which has been the case for a while. Bummed to say the least.

·
Registered
2022 X4 M40I
2 Posts
Well order just went into production and they deleted the shadow line trim, HK sound system and substituted 20” Msport high performance run flats for the 19” all seasons. Also passenger lumbar support and digital key Which has been the case for a while. Bummed to say the least.
This is a concern, I placed my order a few weeks ago and have a December 13th build date. I have HK sound as well and would hate to not get it. Did you pick it up yet, if so what are your impressions.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a concern, I placed my order a few weeks ago and have a December 13th build date. I have HK sound as well and would hate to not get it. Did you pick it up yet, if so what are your impressions.
I did pick it up mid October. Coming from an 2011 X3 that had HK, I’m super disappointed in the sound without it. Just has no umph to it and sounds bleh. I am going to get a plug and play amp that supposedly makes it sound even better than the original HK. Fingers crossed because I hate the way it sounds now. It’s the only thing about the vehicle I don’t like.

·
Registered
2022 X4 M40I
2 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will find out soon enough when I get to status 150 in about 3 weeks I think. That plug and play amp option could be interesting. I am coming from a 2018 435I with HK and the sound was great. If everything goes well, I am picking it up a the PCD early January.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, I will find out soon enough when I get to status 150 in about 3 weeks I think. That plug and play amp option could be interesting. I am coming from a 2018 435I with HK and the sound was great. If everything goes well, I am picking it up a the PCD early January.
That’s great! Fingers crossed for you. Really is a crap shoot who gets what. Just really disappointing to me to have a 70k vehicle with a crap sound system and not a damn thing I can do about it. You’d think it would be standard at that point. You lose 6 speakers without the HK too so that makes a big difference. Hope to get the amp soon and will let you know how it sounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts