BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to everyone who helped answer my questions recently on 550i XDrive European delivery pricing. I ordered the car last week and heard back yesterday from dealer with confirmation on build date. I'm so excited. Wanted to share my pricing experience with this forum..

I got quotes from 6 dealers - In Oregon (1), Washington (3) and California (2).

Greg Poland (Pacific BMW, Glendale, CA) was the lowest quote, $600 over European delivery invoice price. He was very helpful and responsive.

I'd suggest Mark Harrington, BMW Seattle and Robert Gerth (BMW Bellevue) as well. Both of them were upfront on the best price they could offer. Responded to email with price quote within an hour after receiving my specifications.

Some details on the pricing (for those who are looking to order):

- My Car with all options US MSRP: $75075

- European delivery invoice price with options: $65065 (got this number from all 6 dealers and they were all within $50 range, 65065 quoted by 3 of them)

- Purchase price quotes - Lowest $600 over invoice, max $3700 over invoice. 5 of 6 dealers were willing to sell the car between $600 and $1000 over invoice ($3700 was an anomaly)

I used the European MSRP of $58175 X 0.92 to arrive at ED invoice price- $53,521.
I added all options at US invoice prices (I got these numbers from this forum and other online sources)
That added up to within $90 off the ED invoice price mentioned by 5 of the dealers, I assume this is correct. Not sure if dealers get other incentives that lower their effective invoice price further..
Added $1000 dealer profit to arrive at Purchase price

KUNI BMW in PORTLAND IS THE WORST DEALER I HAVE DEALT WITH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. They are arrogant with attitude that you have to buy the car if you test drive it from them. The sales guy asked me several questions if I was serious about buying before they would let me test drive it. I got the impression that sales guy thought I could not afford the car... I did not test drive it. Salesman called and was extremely confrontational saying it was my responsibility to buy from him (regardless if they offered the best price or not) just because he had spent some time time with me about the car. Gave me a sermon on how in his books that matters. Very rude. I'll never do business with them. He never called back with a quote when I told him that he should send me a price if they believe that they are as competitive as they claim to be. Never heard back from him... Few of my friends have had similar experience with Kuni BMW in Portland. I'd suggest you stay away from them.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
235 Posts
+1 on KUNI BMW. I have bought 2 BMWs in Portland, and on both occasions I gave them a chance, but they blew it. To be fair, arrogance was intact on all BMW dealers I dealt with.

Did you try the other dealer in Portland at all?

·
Registered
238 Posts
+2 on Kuni and Rasmussen is pretty much the same. Any reason why you didn't try BMW of Salem (formerly DeLon BMW)? They're a site sponsor and when I did my ED were very easy to work with and their pricing was among the best on the West Coast.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congratulations! The BMW dealers (particularly Momentum and Advantage) here in Houston are VERY rude and arrogant too - they all think they have diamond studded prixxx. i will definitely buy my next BMW from Greg. He is the nicest person to deal with from my experience in dealing with him.

·
Munich Ex
67 Posts
I was told that EU delivery would be 7% off of invoice. Using simple numbers a 75k vehicle would be roughly $5k off resulting in a final price of $70k. How'd you get $65 ?

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
KUNI BMW in PORTLAND IS THE WORST DEALER I HAVE DEALT WITH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Salesman called and was extremely confrontational saying it was my responsibility to buy from him (regardless if they offered the best price or not) just because he had spent some time time with me about the car. Gave me a sermon on how in his books that matters. Very rude.
What a wanker. You are very polite. I would have posted his name here so people know to avoid him. People like deserve to be unemployed - maybe some hungriness will teach him some manners.

I had a similar incident with a Lexus dealer a couple of years ago when buying a car for my mother. The manager literally gave me a lecture on how it is not fair to offer a $500 margin on a $45,000 car and he kicked me out of the dealership. Funnily enough another dealership owned by the same company sold me the same car 2 weeks later (they literally had it transferred from their other location).

And Braman BMW in Miami is prone to these things too. Many times they try to charge MSRP or over MSRP on the grounds it is a new model. There must be some twits with more money than sense who buy from these people.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I was told that EU delivery would be 7% off of invoice. Using simple numbers a 75k vehicle would be roughly $5k off resulting in a final price of $70k. How'd you get $65 ?
7% of of US invoice which is $57,500 for a 550ix. Then add options at invoice, plus an additional $875 for destination, plus dealer profit (then add tax per your local, registration, and license, with no advertising or marketing fees for total price). I believe the price in the OP is without tax and fees,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a 2012 550i from the local dealer awhile back and agreed to a $2,000 discount off of MSRP. After previous experiences of friends and family, I assumed that was all they would do. Just went on USAA and checked price via their car buying service and it was $2,500 less than what I signed for. The car arrives in a couple of weeks and I'm curious if my "negotiated price" is adequate and the USAA thing ($500 over invoice) is not possible on a special order, or if I should try to re-trade the deal. I hate to be one of those guys, but that's a big enough gap to make me feel a little screwed.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
You should have been able to meet that USAA price on an ordered car with zero problems. $2,500 is a pretty big gap. But, if you backed out of the deal, you'd have to order another one and wait quite a while.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered a 2012 550i from the local dealer awhile back and agreed to a $2,000 discount off of MSRP. After previous experiences of friends and family, I assumed that was all they would do. Just went on USAA and checked price via their car buying service and it was $2,500 less than what I signed for. The car arrives in a couple of weeks and I'm curious if my "negotiated price" is adequate and the USAA thing ($500 over invoice) is not possible on a special order, or if I should try to re-trade the deal. I hate to be one of those guys, but that's a big enough gap to make me feel a little screwed.
Even on a special order you should be able to get between $500-1000 over invoice. Picked up my special order 2012 550xi about 10 days ago and paid +/- $1000 over invoice. Close to invoice after factoring in loyalty credit.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
+2 on Kuni and Rasmussen is pretty much the same. Any reason why you didn't try BMW of Salem (formerly DeLon BMW)? They're a site sponsor and when I did my ED were very easy to work with and their pricing was among the best on the West Coast.
:thumbup:BMW of Salem:)

Did a 2009 135i convertable European delivery. Jim Mannheimer was my CA and like you said they are very easy to work with.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
KUNI BMW in PORTLAND IS THE WORST DEALER I HAVE DEALT WITH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. They are arrogant with attitude that you have to buy the car if you test drive it from them. The sales guy asked me several questions if I was serious about buying before they would let me test drive it. I got the impression that sales guy thought I could not afford the car... I did not test drive it. Salesman called and was extremely confrontational saying it was my responsibility to buy from him (regardless if they offered the best price or not) just because he had spent some time time with me about the car. Gave me a sermon on how in his books that matters. Very rude. I'll never do business with them. He never called back with a quote when I told him that he should send me a price if they believe that they are as competitive as they claim to be. Never heard back from him... Few of my friends have had similar experience with Kuni BMW in Portland. I'd suggest you stay away from them.
Thank you for the information on pricing. That is quite helpful.

If one is looking for a fair price in the LA area, the worst dealer has to be Santa Monica BMW. They would Kuni a run for the money in an arrogance contest.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
You were told wrong. If you do your homework, you can get 11% to 12% off of US MSRP by doing BMW European Delivery. I did 5 so far and it is a great experience.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Also, be sure to ask for your $1000 loyalty incentive (if you're eligible) and $1730 Navigation rebate. While shopping, I got the idea that the dealers don't offer these unless you mention them. The OP has the right idea..... shop shop shop. By the time you get done with this forum and your shopping, you will know you got the best deal possible.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Congratulations! The BMW dealers (particularly Momentum and Advantage) here in Houston are VERY rude and arrogant too - they all think they have diamond studded prixxx. i will definitely buy my next BMW from Greg. He is the nicest person to deal with from my experience in dealing with him.
Vic,

I agree 100%. Try Garlyn Shelton in College Station. I've had great luck with them. Just did a $500 over invoice deal with them on a new X5 (before all rebates).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.