BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a female, ordering a car for the first time was a little intimidating for me. Fortunately, I found this website and got the info. I needed to get a good deal. I first started emailing dealers within 100 miles to see if they had a 2010 that I could get a good deal on since the 2011s will be out soon. But what I figured out by looking at the 2011 Confidential Wholesale Price list was that with the new Value Package, the net drop in price for the 2011s is over $1,000 if you want leather. So even if I got $1,000 under invoice on a 2010, it would be less expensive for me to order a 2011 with the same equipment at invoice. Once I told the dealers I would be ordering, they were anxious to earn my business and one who is an hour away asked what it would take. I told one that to order out of state, I would need an "at invoice with no fees other than DMV and taxes deal" and he said he would do it. Then I emailed my local dealers to see if they would match his deal. Two matched, one would only give me $500 over invoice plus I would have to pay the documentation fee of $499, and the last (who, in their defense, is in a high rent area) wanted $500 plus all fees which can really add up! I ended up buying at Ridgefield BMW from Peter. They said they had to charge a documentation fee, but discounted the car $499 below invoice and then added the fee back. Here is my deal:

2011 BMW 328i Conv
Exterior: Mojave Metallic (P1)
Interior: Cream Beige Dakota Leather (cleared / no charge)
Trim: Dark Burl Walnut
Transmission: STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
Convenience Package
Cold Weather Pkg (No ZMP)
Premium Package (Req. ZVP)
Value Package (required)
Heated steering wheel (included / no charge)
Heated front seats (included / no charge)
Through-loading w/cargo bag (included / no charge)
Navigation system
BMW Assist w/Bluetooth System (included / no charge)
iPod/USB Adapter (included / no charge)
Anti-theft alarm system (P1) (included / no charge)
Comfort access keyless entry (P1) (included / no charge)
Park distance control (P1) (included / no charge)
Automatic high beams (P1)(Req. ZPP)
MSRP: $53,950.00
Sale Price: $49,231.00
Trade Allowance: - $0.00
Doc Fee: $499.00
Other Taxable Fees: $0.00
DMV Fees: $170.00
Sales Tax (6%): $2,983.80
Trade Payoff: $0.00
Other Non-taxable Fees: $0.00
Total Sale Price: $52,883.80
Deposit: - $1,000.00
Cash on Delivery: $51,883.80
Plus Trade:
Type: Cash
Tax State: CT (6%)

Hopefully it is a good one and I didn't make an obvious error in pricing!

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Congrats!

Now the fun of waiting for it to arrive begins. :)

·
Officially Contaminated
3,052 Posts
Sounds like you purchased the car in a smart and well thought out fashion. Bravo. Enjoy the car when it arrives!

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's a great deal and I'm getting ready to bargain for an almost identical 328 convertible for ED. I have a question about ordering the 2011 value package and the premium package. Since leather is the most expensive feature of premium and value includes leather for free, how is the cost of the premium package adjusted?

Thanks.

·
Combat Commuter
1,973 Posts
Welcome to the Vert club. After 106K miles on this E93, and the series of storms here lately, I am starting to appreciate this whole folding hardtop concept. :)

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
Wow, price creep or what? I haven't been following the 328s for a few years, and I know this is a loaded 'vert, but almost $52k for a "deal" is hard for me to wrap my brain around.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Any e93 at invoice is a good to great deal, congrats. :thumbup::clap:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You basically get leather and the ipod adapter free with the new value package for the 2011s. The retail price of the premium package dropped to $1,650. It was $2,700 (I think) for 2010s. So they did adjust the premium package price down so you still get the benefit of the no charge leather. And even if you order the premium package, you still get the ipod adapter at no charge with the value package. Good luck!

·
Original Owners Club
501 Posts
Congrats on the new car! Sounds like a good deal. Are DMV fees in CT really $170? They are $32 down here. Of course, they get us with the "birthday tax" when we have to pay an Ad Valorum tax each year when we renew our registration (which you have to do on your birthday month)

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Enjoy the new ride and post pictures when it's in your hands!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts