BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Updated 10/14 - Added Pics* Just picked up a new 2017 X4 M40i

*added pictures*

Just picked up a new 2017 X4 M40i on Saturday. Went to my local dealer on Saturday to see what was new. I really wanted to check out the new M2 but of course they didn't have one in stock. I ended up purchasing a new X4 M40i. I've always liked the body style but thought it needed more power. The new M40i helped in the power department.

The X6 was too big for what I wanted. We have a X5 50i and two Land Rover Discoveries if we need the additional space.

Its loaded out with all options except the 20 inch wheels and radar cruise neither of which I wanted. Its black on black.

I really like the way it feels and drives. Now just have to break it in :)

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congratulations! I just bought my 2017 X4 tonight., traded my X3. I did however notice an odd vibration, felt like left side but no wheel shimmy and it only lasted a second or 2. I need to duplicate this and note how/when it occurs

Like the style and it has a tighter steering than the 2014 X3. Enjoy yours!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes! I was out today and that must be it! My 2014 X3 didn't have this. But I easily duplicated it by changing lanes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. I keep all the safety systems active except for the lane departure warning. Personal preference.

I really like it so far. I was looking for something sporty but with a bit more room than a car. I really went to the dealer to look at an M3 but they didn't have one in stock and we get snow in the NE. Plus the styling on a M3 still leaves me a bit cold.

We have a 2011 X5 50i and it definitely feels different than the X4 M40i. To me they drive very different.

It might be time to sell something. Just me and the wife now and we have the X4, X5, two Land Rover Discoveries, Mazda RX-8, Polaris Slingshot and a motorhome. I guess its good to have choices. :)

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,889 Posts
Just picked up a new 2017 X4 M40i on Saturday. Went to my local dealer on Saturday to see what was new. I really wanted to check out the new M2 but of course they didn't have one in stock. I ended up purchasing a new X4 M40i. I've always liked the body style but thought it needed more power. The new M40i helped in the power department.

The X6 was too big for what I wanted. We have a X5 50i and two Land Rover Discoveries if we need the additional space.

Its loaded out with all options except the 20 inch wheels and radar cruise neither of which I wanted. Its black on black.

I really like the way it feels and drives. Now just have to break it in :)
It's the internet, gotta follow the rules, pics or it didn't happen. :)

·
BMWCCA '505245
1,354 Posts
Congrats post a pic :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Pics

Here are some pics of the vehicles - X5, X4, Rx-8, both Land Rovers (red and white), the Slingshot and the motor home. The Audi was traded in on the X4. I have three garage spaces and an additional three spaces in the driveway and I need more. Kinda sad.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts