BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Just picked up an E60

1986 13
Hi from sunny Southern Alberta. I just picked up a 2008 535xi with just about all imaginable options short of Active Cruise and Night Vision. Nicest car I've had to date. I've driven BMW since 1987 with a (sad) excursion into the world of Infiniti in 2007. All I can say is it's good to be back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Congrats! I'm looking for 2010 535i xDrive myself!
Congrats! If all goes well I may be a first time BMW owner by this weekend I'm shooting for a 2010 535i (No xdrive needed here in Houston, we only experience Hot Humid weather.)
Thanks for the welcome. The car's really growing on me.

The X-Drive should come in handy for winter - snow tends to lock in by the end of October and stick around until early April. Having something to keep me out of trouble on the icy roads will be nice although RWD and winter tires would have been OK too.
nice, what's going to be the first mod?
The X-drive really shines in the snow. Here in the DC area we had a freak snow storm at rush hour last year. After spending 3 hours to drive 12 miles, I had one last steep unplowed hill to go up on. The car took me up fine - even without turning the traction control off.
Thanks for the welcome. The car's really growing on me.

The X-Drive should come in handy for winter - snow tends to lock in by the end of October and stick around until early April. Having something to keep me out of trouble on the icy roads will be nice although RWD and winter tires would have been OK too.
Very Beautiful car. And Welcome.
Thanks. I think I'll hold off mods for a while. Aside from 19s I think a Cobb tune or similar depending on cost/reputation.

I won't be lowering it. The best way to find rattles in a BMW? Lower it and put on stiffer springs.
nice, what's going to be the first mod?
Congrats and welcome to the community! Adding the COBB tune to the car is going to make it all the more enjoyable. It's really one of the best things you can add to your car to make more power/torque gains! There are a ton of different wheel options out there, did you have any designs in mind?
I also just got an 08 535 xi and I dont know if its just me but my car slipped in the rain about three days ago. Is tjat x drive really good or not really?
Tires have any tread on them? Summers on wet? :dunno:

I've just been on dry so far, but I fully expect tremendous traction from the X-Drive.
I also just got an 08 535 xi and I dont know if its just me but my car slipped in the rain about three days ago. Is tjat x drive really good or not really?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.