BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first car with a navigation system and the car's seems to be in need of an update.
The version said "Road map North America premium2010".
I live in Staten Island NY.
What is the best, easiest and least expensive way to update it.
Thanks
Shmulik

·
Registered
238 Posts
Contact Shawn Sheridan, he's a member here on the forums who has a contact that can provide map upgrades. I got mine done from him and it was simple and easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have purchased Road Map North America PREMIUM 2017-1 from Gerry at BMW Nav Codes multiple times. He has a very quick turnaround.

The cost is $50.00 USD (versus $250 - $300 USD from Dealership), payable via PayPal to: "bmwnavcodes(at)gmail.com"
(preferably made as "Send money to friends and family" and not "Pay for goods or services").

Upon receipt of Payment, Gerry will send you the Map Update FSC Code (generated per your VIN), Map Download Links, and Instructions.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
I thought really hard about this when I got my '11 X5D a couple months back.

I opted to continue using Google Maps on my S7 instead of upgrading the maps in iDrive. I just find Google Maps much more user friendly. Wish there was some level of integration of it to iDrive.

ETA: I know this has nothing to do with an answer to the OP's question. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used BimmerAmerica on this forum. It was $65 for the download. You need to be a little savvy with the download, files, and USB sticks unless you get the single USB stick with all the data. I went from the 2010 to the 2016-2 edition.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just did my update for my 2011 x5 thru BIMMERAMERICA, it was super easy and only $75. they shipped me 4 USBs, install in glovebox and just follow prompts, very easy and took about 1 hour. BIMMERAMERICA.COM for details

1 - 10 of 10 Posts