BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Picked up car on Monday 5/23 without a hitch, drove it around for 4 hours and dropped it off at Harms in the afternoon. Spent the night at the Meridian in Munich and then flew to Greece for the next 12 days.

Not much to report out of the ordinary from all others posts. On the flight over, a fellow BF reader spotted my ED packet folder through the curtain and came up front to ask if we wanted to share a cab to Freiman which cost us 43Euro - a bargain and much quicker than all the train transfers considering luggage. We arrived at the DC around 10, waited for about an hour but spent the time up in the cafe and out on the property looking around. Especially intriguing was the "train barn" which is essentially the whole building up front where the employee and local dealership cars are prepped for delivery. My wife and I walked all through the building and found the conveyer belt of lab-coated employees casually wiping down cars pretty cool. Really intriguing is the on-site conventional carwash machine with rotating plastic bristles and all that everyone’s car goes through. 2 pointers I picked-up were use real saddle soap to clean your leather (don’t waste money on high-end stuff) and no waxing for 3 months to set the paint - these are their words, not mine.

I was lucky enough to have the illustrious Bernard due our delivery - extraordinarily humble, knowledgeable, warm and thorough. He mentioned how "famous" BF had become in BMW's corp. culture and that although he reads often, he never would reply and that he especially enjoys some of the urban myths that have become gospel by the fathers of BF.

BMW is all over the Munich airport from mobiles to the huge grille in the baggage area. The boutique is cool to see in such a setting but the selection is pretty limited and with the $ sucking, don’t impulse buy - just buy it through your dealer by catalogue and make him knock a few bucks off, mine does. There is a large dealer about 4kms from the DC with a huge showroom, cafe and shop - pretty much the same stuff as the airport just more, especially BMW/Williams F1 crap. Also check out the massive Mercedes Benz display just down the road from the Olympic Stadium. It’s like a giant Matchbox car set-up. I'd say 8 stories high and the breadth of a small mall. They took silver versions of every car and put them in their own little "box" and stacked them-up - its really pretty cool, maybe 50 cars in all.

All in all, a cool experience and now just hanging out for redelivery.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Thanks for the details....I'm getting stoked about my trip!

Bernhard is great....I'm going to bring him something from the states like a baseball jersey from San Diego or something.

I'm not looking forward to the Euro/Dollar thing....at least the 2 nights at the Marriott was a bargain....

How did you manage to drive so little? When do we see the pics? Did Bernhard share details of the BF "urban myths"?

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
PittBMW said:
Welcome back. I would be particularly interested in that too. Bernard is great.
urban myths that delivery center guys find amusing...
"there is no ED pricing or discount for M3's".
"you can only have 2 bottles of water from the cafe/bistro."
...& other stuff we talk about constantly.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
You fellas know that there are at least 2 (TWO) guys working at Freimann Delivery center by the name of Bernard right??!! :eeps:

Just want to make sure you fellas are talking about the SAME DUDE!! That's all ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts