BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was filling up Mrs. MrB's X3 at the Shell station right down the street and right next to me was a guy from BMWNA filling up his pre-production 335d sedan (TiAg over Black). It had the new iDrive and all of the facelifted body panels. Unfortunately, I was coming back from the gym and didn’t have a phone/camera. He was really cool; in town to do some dealer training.

I will say this: the new iDrive is amazing. The screen is HUGE; the resolution is fantastic, and the operation is way more efficient than the version in my 335. I was unsure of the facelift changes until I saw it in the metal (all newer BMW's are like that). It looks really nice. The new headlights with the LED turn signals look really good, and the taillights are a nice homage to the classic “L” shape from cars like the E34 and E36. The 335d sport package wheels look just like the 18” performance package wheels and are very nice.

-MrB

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was filling up Mrs. MrB's X3 at the Shell station right down the street and right next to me was a guy from BMWNA filling up his pre-production 335d sedan (TiAg over Black). It had the new iDrive and all of the facelifted body panels. Unfortunately, I was coming back from the gym and didn't have a phone/camera. He was really cool; in town to do some dealer training.

I will say this: the new iDrive is amazing. The screen is HUGE; the resolution is fantastic, and the operation is way more efficient than the version in my 335. I was unsure of the facelift changes until I saw it in the metal (all newer BMW's are like that). It looks really nice. The new headlights with the LED turn signals look really good, and the taillights are a nice homage to the classic "L" shape from cars like the E34 and E36. The 335d sport package wheels look just like the 18" performance package wheels and are very nice.

-MrB
Pic's or it didn't happen. :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I know. I just don't take my phone with me to the gym.

I know what I saw, though.

-MrB

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
18'' performance package wheels as in the e46 performance package?

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
Was it the Shell next to Global Imports? Because if they have it, I "know a guy" who might know where they hide their pre-production models. I might be able to "ask him" to take a few pics..... :eeps:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was it the Shell next to Global Imports? Because if they have it, I "know a guy" who might know where they hide their pre-production models. I might be able to "ask him" to take a few pics..... :eeps:
No, it was the Shell at Holcomb Bridge and Eves Rd. The car had MFG plates, and he drives all over doing this. He was coming west across Holcomb Bridge from I-85.

-MrB

·
Registered
182 Posts
Tag?

No, it was the Shell at Holcomb Bridge and Eves Rd. The car had MFG plates, and he drives all over doing this. He was coming west across Holcomb Bridge from I-85.

-MrB
Question, was it a plate similar to this?

Attachments

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
The damn ordering guides for the diesels aren't even up yet. What the hell is holding things up? :mad:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was headed back from the mountains of Western NC this past weekend and we stopped in at the Spartanburg, SC Plant, test facility and road track. Out in front of the driving school they had all of the '09 models plus some of the M3 track cars. One of the new models sitting out front was the 335d. This was the first one I have seen. To me, it looks just like the gas 335 inside and out with the exception of the "d". I didnt notice if the idrive screen was bigger or the metal in the front ect. ect. whatever the OP was talking about.

But I guess that means they are here for you all that are patiently waiting for the diesels to hit the showrooms!

·
Registered
187 Posts

-MrB
This was the gas station i found premium at when no one else had it.

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
Here are some pictures of the 335d in sport pack guise.

http://www.bimmerfile.com/2008/08/05/production-version-us-335d/

The rims are SICK!

Hoping to get some time in one of these next month....we will see since BMW is pulling back on these a bit now with the economy in the tank and diesel through the roof in some places.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts